TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #21
LifeIsGood

Public education - now that is quite a business, huh? But seriously, Paul, when you bought your TM did you ask the dealer to show you their dealer invoice and did any offer to do so? The total vehicle price that I am looking at for this particular TM (model 2720SL) with lots of options comes out to $38,258 (w/out taxes) and I've been offered $25,000 total to take it away. It has been sitting on his lot for 6 months and I'm sure he's paying interest on it so he is eager to get rid of it. I'm just looking for any experienced TM owner to please share w/me if they think 25k is a good deal. It looks like a great deal to me cuz w/those figures it comes out to be about 35% off MSRP. Who knows what the invoice is on these things. NADA values don't show appraisals for 08's but if I plug everything in for an 07, I am still above the original 25k, so I think I'm gonna go for it. If anyone out there has any other bargaining strategies they'd like to share with me, I'd sure appreciate it. I'd like the guy to throw in all the little extras to get us started, like a freshwater hose, sewer hose, 30-amp adapter, (maybe some toilet paper & chemical? - lol) but I might be pushing it. C'mon everyone out there - let me know what you think?? Linda
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #22
mtnguy

Linda, have you gone the Trailmanor.com and built the 2720sl with options to compare that against what the dealer is telling you?? If that comes out to what the dealer is telling you, then it sounds like a decent deal.

I would be tempted with this offer. Just my .02 cents worth.

Chap
Old 01-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #23
LifeIsGood

Yes, I have, mtnguy, those numbers came straight from the TM website where you build your own TM, but I just noticed I made a mistake in listing the total MSRP price - the total MSRP came out to roughly around $36,000 (before tax, which I would pay back in my own state when I register it), so it is more like a little less than 30% off. Still, I'm thinking it's a good deal. Thanks for replying. :-) I am thinking that these TMs are really not marked up as much as some other travel trailers (except for the options, of course). Anyone else care to share? Linda
Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #24
mtnguy

Well, I should have known with all of your research, that you would have left no stone unturned.

The MSRP does not include delivery, dealer prep, and of course taxes. The dealer probably has some flexibility on dealer prep., but probably not on delivery. So, to figure precentages, subtract the delivery 1st, then add it back into the equation after the calculations.

Even at "just" 30% off, that still ain't too shabby.

Anxious to hear of your decision.

Chap
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #25
NYJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
Yes, I have, mtnguy, those numbers came straight from the TM website where you build your own TM, but I just noticed I made a mistake in listing the total MSRP price - the total MSRP came out to roughly around $36,000 (before tax, which I would pay back in my own state when I register it), so it is more like a little less than 30% off. Still, I'm thinking it's a good deal. Thanks for replying. :-) I am thinking that these TMs are really not marked up as much as some other travel trailers (except for the options, of course). Anyone else care to share? Linda
Linda - you're lucky I'm looking at the 3023 or I'd steal that one right out from under your nose!! It sounds like a great deal to me (although I haven't yet done as much research as you have). Good luck & let us know how it turns out.

Jeff
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have no inside knowledge, but I think that $25K for a brand new 08 2720SL, with at least standard options (air conditioner and awning) is a whopper of a deal. I didn't do that well on mine ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
larsdennert

I'd agree.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
LifeIsGood

Thanks, guys, for your opinions! We think it's a great deal, too - just wanted to hear some opinions from others, as we are first-time rv buyers and I like to do my homework. We have researched extensively every kind of rv out there and the TM really fits the bill for us. This forum has been wonderful to be able to hear good and bad comments about them (more good than bad). Ya know, once we make our final decision, we never look back to wonder if we could've got a better deal elsewhere or listen to any nay-sayers that might think we got ripped off. Now it's time to ENJOY it, cuz LIFE IS TOO SHORT! I'll let you know how it goes - might be able to pick it up this weekend! Take care, Linda
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #29
jimair1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I have no inside knowledge, but I think that $25K for a brand new 08 2720SL, with at least standard options (air conditioner and awning) is a whopper of a deal. I didn't do that well on mine ...

Bill
Bill, I did receive a PM from Jeannette......didn't know what to make of it. It came today......JIm
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #30
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Linda,

That sounds like a pretty good price!! I bought our TM used from an individual, so I don't have any experience dealing with a dealer (cars and trucks yes). But if he's had that unit on his lot for 6 months I'm sure he's anxious to get rid of it.

As you've no doubt figured out by now, TrailManors are not for everyone. They're expensive, and not every potential trailer buyer appreciates or wants (or is willing to pay for) what a TM offers. Anyway, I think you're making a good choice. The 2720SL is probably the most popular model TM sells. We have an '02 2619 (the smallest model) that we bought in 2005. We bought it for a reasonable price, but in hindsight, we could use the extra space. Good luck with your choice.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote