TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Al-n-Sue

Talking I am now a TM owner!

We signed the paperwork for our 2003 3214kb yesterday (3/18) and will take posession on April 1. We have a spring break to see kids and grandson in the way. I became a site sponser today and will likely join Trailblazers before the day is over. I've been a lurker on this forum for years and since we recently started getting serious about buying, I have devoured the information here. A big thanks to everyone who has contributed. I hope to be able to contribute some of my own experiences along the way.
I'm working on my very own Trailmanor page, where I plan to document the trailer, mods and fixes, and the places we use it so I will not wax eleoquent here.
For those who are trying to decide on a TM or some other trailer - decide what your needs are - a TM will not fit them all. But for me, after 5 years in a popup it boiled down to two critical issues - I had to be able to tow with my current TV, and we had to have hard sides! Bears in Colorado make tent camping or popup camping particularly taxing - all food must be stowed in the TV each night! TM is the only trailer that had the floor space combined with the towing ease that I needed. Besides, 3 of the couples we camp with regularly have TMs - so I am intimately familiar with them.
I'll write more after we take delivery and get some pictures. When my web page is ready I will certainly post the link here for critique and feedback.
Thanks
Alan
Old 03-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
mtnguy

Congrats on your new purchase and for becoming a full fledged member !!

Chap
Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Buck Mills

Default Me too

Congrats!

Yeah! I just picked up my 3124Ks Saturday and haven't slept in it yet. Friday begins my spring break, I'm a professor, and I'm heading to souther UT for my maiden trip.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
wmtire

Congratz to Al & Sue, along with Buck on your trailmanor purchases. I look forward to reading your future comments and experience with your trailers.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
markandanne

Thumbs up

Congrats, Al & Sue! We'll be picking up our 3124kb from the Car Show on Friday the 28th, just before you pick up yours on the 1st. Today we just traded in Mark's 2000 Sienna for a new-to-us Expedition so we would have the towing capability we wanted. Hopefully we'll run into you at one of the area rallies but the first couple days of camping over spring break will be done in our driveway! Maybe after that we'll take it up to Carter Lake or another relatively close campground for a couple days ... something close enough for Mark to still drive into work: the kids and I have spring break off but he's saving his vacation for our east coast trip this summer.

Congrats again!
Anne
Old 03-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
ng2951

Congrats on your new rig. I betcha can't wait to go camping in it. I hope you are patient enough with all the people who are going to want to look through it. We had 6 visitors in our 3326 the first time we set it up.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
planner23899

Congratulaitons folks...
My wife and I are making the switch from a prowler ultra lite travel trailer after owning several travel trailers and tent trailers. Due to the cost of gas, we can't wait to find our new TM and plan a long trip saving on gas and having more room in our traile.
Best Wishes,
Steve
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Al-n-Sue

Thanks Anne - where is Carter Lake? I assume you are around Colorado Springs or Denver, but I've not heard of that campground.
We are planning a break-in trip to Lathrop SP in April.
Alan
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
markandanne

Default Carter Lake

Hi Al -

We're in Longmont so closer to Boulder than Denver. Carter Lake is a Larimer County campground about 40 minutes northwest of us. We'll either go there or St. Vrain State Park which has the downside of being right off I-25 but on the plus side is only 15 minutes from home/work and since Mark has to work, well, that may just be good enough for a shake-down cruise ... We've got a multi-state cross-country adventure planned for June so we may have to hold off on the real adventures until then.

Anne
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
HappyTrails

Congratulations to the new owners. My wife and I are also new owners - as of 2-2-08 with a 2008 3326. I've spent quit a lot of time researching this forum and have come away with lots of information to be learned. I based my decision to buy a TM on two factors: (a) that the TM is/will be the best decision for RV'ing now that diesel has hit $4 a gallon and (b) how knowledgeable the individuals on this forum are and how willing they are to share that information. Thanks for sharing all of your information....

We purchased our TM from The Car Show - as I see several others have as well. It appears that the people at The Car Show are serious about being number one again this year (which they have been 11 times out 12). The individuals that I worked with are very friendly without being high pressure.

I went to look at a 2720, but DW saw a 3124 and liked that better. However, they had a 3326 and once DW saw that, it was the end of looking. Since we have about a foot of snow on the ground, camping will have to wait a while.

And yes, I have sent in my monies to join. So, as soon as the paperwork catches up, I (read that as we) will be full fledged members.

Thanks again for all the information... (Sorry about the long message.)