TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
FightinIrish

Default New flat screen mod

Had to shore up the "refrigerator wall" to enable the bracket to have a secure connection. Attached is the picture of the final product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	2281  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Flat screen TV

Good job - TV looks great! I know there are very few places available to mount a TV. I mounted ours on the bathroom exterior wall (above kitchen sink), and wound up removing one of the hanging cabinet door handles before it accidentally went through the TV screen

PS: If you can scale back the size of your photos, you'll save some of your allowed storage space, and viewers will not have to scroll to see your photo. See: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2505

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie & Nick View Post

PS: If you can scale back the size of your photos, you'll save some of your allowed storage space, and viewers will not have to scroll to see your photo. See: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2505
Nick, thanks for that advice. I checked that link, then checked my attachment sizes, and lo and behold I had 1 out of of 3 attachments that just about ate up my allotted space.....over 800 KBs!! I have already corrected it.

FightinIrish: Great looking setup.

Chap
Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Nice job!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Goodyear Travels

If you don't mind me asking --- does the bracket enable the set to be rotated higher (above the counter top) or to greater angles ? Also, what needed to be done to remove the frig?
We appreciate your pioneering efforts. Eric
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
FightinIrish

I will try to reduce the size of the photo. Not all the computer literate but Ill try. As far as the mod, I basically went to the manual to pull out the fridge. There are a few things to disconnect at the rear, the propane, two fittings and the power cord and the DC connection all need to be disconnected. Not that hard, just check your manual. I forgot to pull the DC connections and when I pulled out the fridge, they popped off. There are some screws at the front of the unit to unscrew but nothing too hard and it slid out relatively easy. There is a little wiggle room in there. I used a 3/4" piece of three ply plywood to stiffen the wall the bracket is attached to and some simple small L brackets, two at the top and two at the bottom screwed into both the existing framing at the top and into the aluminum floor at the bottom, then into the plywood to hold it in place. The 3/4" plywood allowed enough room to slide the fridge back in place, no problem. You may have to loosen the receptacles on the face of the wall to get the plywood cut to fit and secure it, but that is easy. You'll see when you pull the fridge that the wall is simple 1/4" paneling with a 3/4" frame, nothing else so you will definitely need something to stiffen the wall. I purchased a bracket at Circuit City that swivels both side to side and up and down. If you position the bracket close enough to the front edge or corner, you can pivot the tv around towards the door to enable you to watch the tv from the outside which is nice if your tailgating and have a few people watching a ball game and there is no glare with the awning out. We liked this location because we have the 2720SL and there is a little more room up front without the benches so we thought this location would allow us to watch it from both outside and from the couch or the chair. They do make alot of different brackets, some longer, some shorter. The one I used doesn't enable me to "raise it" above the counter but that may just be that wasn't what I was looking for. Like I said, it allows me to rotate it side to side and i believe like 30 degrees up or down. It is nice to because there is a simple allen head sex screw that secures the tv to the bracket so in transit or maybe for security sake when we are going to be gone for a few hours and don't want a nice flat screen visible, we can pop it off with that one screw and stow it out of site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Charlie and Brenda 10-07 048.pdf (58.4 KB, 127 views)
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
Goodyear Travels

Thank you Irish. I'll probably see if I can find a bracket that offers a few more viewing angles but I really like your idea of being able to enjoy a movie (or game) from outside the trailer. Enjoy your castle on wheels.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #8
FightinIrish

Will do, getting away for a couple days this weekend. The key to being able to pivot the tv to be seen from outside is placing the bracket close to the corner so the bracket actually is able to pivot around the leading edge of the fridge. They make a bunch of different brackets so I am sure you will find what you are looking for. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Irish -

What did you do with the easy chair that came with your TM? In ours, the easy chair would block the view of the TV from the couch.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
FightinIrish

Mine rolls around so you can move it where you like. My wife can sit on either side of the couch and I can sit in the easy chair on the opposite side of the tv and we both can view it easily. It is nice too because the swivel allows you to move it quite a bit and its easy to disconnect from the bracket to either stow when you are away so it is out of site or when towing. Hardest thing was pulling the fridge out and putting a backing in so I had something to fasten the bracket to that would hold the weight of the tv.