TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Frank777

Default 2000 3124 update

Our first weekend out with the TM went well.

Had to learn to shut off the main breaker before plugging in to the shore power and then for some unknown reason the water pump would not pump water from the fresh water tank and one of the lights over the bed did not work.

Other than those items, things all went well.

The next week I took the TM to the Car Store in Colorado Springs for a tune up and several other things.

They replaced the glass fuse in the battery line with a breaker that if tripped will reset itself in a minute or two. They discovered a leak in the roof center line trim which caused the light over the bed to burn out. They fixed it.

They also installed a new license plate holder under the taillight. The original was broken. They replaced both wheel seals, installed an new anode rod and replaced several broken clips.

The tune up checked out all the operating systems and now all goes well.

When I went to set up the TM after we got home, the stud that is on the lower half of the door would not slip into it's place in the clip on the upper frame. I called the Car Store and their advice was something I would not normally done. Beat it down with a hammer!!!!

It worked!!

The next trip...a weekend in Colorado... was GREAT. There was nothing wrong with the water pump so I have no idea why it didn't work the first time. We stayed at the Chalk Creek RV park. Nice people and a nice park. Every one else had HUGE RVs or 5th wheels but we were happy with all our room. Our first trailer was a 17' Casita!

When I went to register the TM this week here in New Mexico, I purchased it in Iowa, they almost didn't allow me to because they could not read the VIN # on the tag .... it was so faded. But we made it out and I'm now legal in New Mexico.

I called the TM factory and spoke to Adam. I gave him the VIN # from the title and they are sending out another label for the trailer.

I'm still getting at least 16 mpg when towing with my 6 cyl Toyota Tacoma and all is well.

We'll leave for 4 days to Albuquerque (235 miles south) to see our son...a Deputy Sheriff for Bernalillo County... and then on 9/6 leave for a 3 month trip of treasure hunting back East...Arkansas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

We travel with 3 dogs...two male Maltese and a female Maltese mix ...Rambo, Radar and Ruby... They all love the TM and are great fun to travel with.

I'm having a WI-Fi connection put on my lap top and hope to keep you all posted on our trip. The last time we went metal detecting on a beach in Oregon we found a spark plug, a nickel, a dime and lots of bottle caps. But the searching was great!!!!!! Then we went to Agate Beach and got a pocket full of beautiful agates.

Stay tuned for more updates.

God bless, Frank