TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
masterge

clgish,

Make sure you use the delivery checklist on this site. Surprisingly, they must not have that good of a quality check down there in Tennessee. There were way too many little detail items missed by their quality folks. Maybe it's just me, but I'm a Business Process Analyst for The Boeing Company and I have a thing for processes that are broke and processes that don't produce what the the customer values most. Although at this point I am still happy I bought, I hope it last. Upfront quality problems with any manufacturer are usually signs of things to come. I'm really hoping that does't happen with my TM.

If here are any TM factory folks viewing this thread, i would strongly that you move towards implementing a Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma manufacturing system. If you are unfamiliar with these terms, just look them up on the internet. You don't neccessarily have to change any equipment/workers or buy new tooling, you just need to have control over them. Once you start to measure the cost of quality or lack of it, you will then be able to start improve it. That's what Lean and 6 Sigma help you do. They will improve cstomer satisfaction by meeting the demands of what customers really do value, they will improve quality, reduce waste, reduce ccycle times, and ultimately increase profits. Do some research into the companies that have switched to these systems and see the results. I might suggest visiting www.lean.org to start. From what I've seen from my recently delivered 2720, you definitely don't have these systems in place. I had lots "pay attention to detail" discrepancies which is inescusable for what we pay for these things.