TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
tdetesta

Default Do they leak?

We are seriously considering buying a Trailmanor, but my brother-in-law just spoke to a mechanic who used to work for a dealer and he said that these trailers are prone to leaking during rain with any little side wind. We never saw any mention of this anywhere else, but considering how expense a purchase like this is, we wanted to check it out. Please give us some honest advice.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Bill & Lisa

We were camping this past weekend and it rained for 16 hours straight, sometimes so hard you could not hear the airconditioner running or pop corn popping in the micro wave. winds varied from 15mph to 40+ and from a number of directions. Not a drop on the inside. My opinion is obviously at odds with your brother's. FWIW (for what it's worth)

Bill
Old 04-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Well, I will get back to you on Monday. I have a 10 year old 2518. I am leaving for a Dog Agility trial in about 30 min. It is a 4 day trial in Dixon CA where it has been raining non stop all week and according to weather.com, it will continue to do so until Monday. I can say that I have left it open for the last 3 days in pouring rain and have seen no leaks so far. I purchased it last June so we haven't had to camp in rain so far. If we don't leak in the next 4 days, I for one will be convinced. Of course it may be hard to tell with 2 wet humans and 3 wet dogs living in it for 4 days.
I'm off to the mud fest! Now, this is my idea of fun!!
Cheri
PS
Love that Spell Check!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I was in a light rain with light wind this past weekend in my 2005 TM 2720. Not a single drop got in, even when closing in the rain and wind.

I did have condensation on the inside of the windows.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

I own a TM 3023 and been in some major storms and not a drop of water inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Closed up in a major down pour at MB NC and that was a storm off the ocean not a drop !!!!! SO TELL YOU FRIEND HE DON'T KNOW JACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TILL HE OWNS ONE The Rip
Old 04-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
Carole

Default Do they leak

WE were in our 2619 TM for 2+ months and got home this past friday. We were in rain and wind many times. We stayed dry. While towing in heavy rain, our
TM stayed dry.

Carole
2004 2619
2006 Nissan Titan
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
Firedog

We were in a moderate thunderstorm this past weekend. It rained pretty hard for about a half hour. Ours didn't leak a bit.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
heyokasni

We do two small leaks in our 1988 TM 26. Both are around the skylights. The previous owner replaced them and I don't think they were sealed correctly when they were installed. I know that I can see daylight looking up through one of the skylights with it completely closed. I'm waiting for the rains to stop so I can make the necessary repair. I don't think this is an inherent problem with the trailer.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #9
Flycaster

Recently at the beach we had rain for 12 hours, wind at a constant 20 knts 45 degrees off the front, door side, and not a drop inside. I even had the two ceiling vents cracked about a quarter of an inch for ventilation (given the wind direction) and still no leaks.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #10
John in CT

Default Leaks

The DW and I are presently on a trip which so far has taken us to Nashville from CT. We made a stop at Natural Bridge VA. and during our stay we had heavy rain and winds. The wind was so strong that the camper next to us had a tree (alive and healthy) land on the roof of his unit. No leaks here. By the way the neighboring camper is fine.

Was in Knoxville when the tornados hit near Nashville. We had very heavy thunder storms all night in our area and again no leaks here.

p.s. We did visit the TM factory during this trip. Was very informative. The staff are great.