TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #21
Freedom

Quote:
The TM Owners Forum is a fantastic place, and folks have a fix for everything imaginable.
I'd say you definitely have a "fix" for that ugly carpet in the TM! Outstanding job! Can you do mine too?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #22
mike-rm-cd

I installed a laminate floor, along the longitudinal axis, 'cuz Nick dared me. It came out very well. His suggestions, hints, tips are without equal, and very much appreciated. E-write if I can help. Mike
Old 07-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #23
wmc818

Looks great! I do have one question, though.... I live in West-Central PA where we get lots of cold, snowy, damp weather. We have laminate in our house and it says not to lay in area where there's going to be a lot of dampness. Does anybody know if it's OK to put in the TM in the Northeastern states? My husband really wants to do the laminate in the TM but we also need to make sure it's not going to get ruined with one winter! Thanks!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Freedom

An alternative is to put in wood grain vinyl. Some of the new stuff even has the texture of wood.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #25
wmc818

That's a good idea... might even be a little easier than the laminate to install! Thanks!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #26
mike-rm-cd

Since we REALLY got the TM bug, we traded up to the new 3326K. It's a very nice size improvement, and we ordered it with the wood-grain vinyl floor throughout. Having installed a laminate floor in the 2001 2720 SD, and using wonderful hindsight, the vinyl might be a better way to go. Problem is when I have installed vinyl, it LOOKS like I was the one who did the installation. If you are good at it, it'd look great and work very well.