TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
Janet H
Site Team

Default Forum Housekeeping and Photos

Just a note that you'll see a few changes in the coming days as we do a little tidying up. A few sections of the boards will be moved around make browsing a little clearer and you'll begin to see a rotating bar of photos across the top of the page. The photos will change with every page refresh. Nice to see members photos! If you find them distracting you can collapse that display.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #2
Stephene1219

Help me out , I do not see how to do a new post
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Stephene -

It depends on whether you want your post to start a New Thread within a given Forum, or you want your post to join the other posts in an existing thread.

Defiinitions: A Forum is one of the major topic areas that you see when you first log in, such as Welcome Mat, Prospective Owner Questions, and so forth. A Thread is a series of posts within a Forum. - the posts make up a discussion. There are multiple threads (discussions) going on in a Forum, and multiple posts in each thread.

To start a New Thread (in other words, to start a new discussion), you need to be on the first page of the particular Forum where you want your discussion to take place. When you are there, you can see all the Threads (discussions) taking place in that Forum. Now look in the upper left area of the screen. There is a button labelled New Thread. Click it, compose your post, give it a title, and click Submit. BANG! You started a new discussion, and everyone can see it and contribute to it.

On the other hand, if you are looking at an existing thread (discussion), and you would like to add your own thoughts to what you are seeing, look for the blank box labelled "Message" at the end of the thread. Click inside this box, compose your post, and click "Post Quick Reply". Now everyone can see your response in the existing thread (discussion).

Try it. And let us know if this doesn't make sense.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
Stephene1219

I do not have the "New Thread Button" anyplace I can see at the upper left of the screen or anyplace else. I have a button for reply tp threads but nothing more
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote