TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #21
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Deadbolt on upper door? Is this possible?

Went out and looked at the wall side piece where the top deadbolt would go...it looks like the striker plate could gain strength from being attached to the vertical metal piece attached to the whole left side of the door opening. I think there would be enough clearance between the doors to mount it on this piece instead of cutting it away?

I haven't seen how the TM factory is putting the locks on the bottom half of the door, or what anyone else's door opening looks like, so can't say how it would work for someone else's TM.

The opening for the part of the lock that protrudes into the left side of the door when closed (not sure what to call it) that's on there now seems to be a bit narrower than the usual type we put on house doors. Maybe that's the key, to find a smaller size bolt so you don't have to cut so much away when you install it.

:P

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #22
Harry Womack

Default Door Locks

I replaced the standard trailer lock with a Schlage lock with the same key that fits our house. I used the bolt from the old lock because it is narrow for the thin door. I had to modify the lock to accept the thin door. I used the brushed pewter to match the new interior hardware. The door knob was also modified to except the thin door. The holes in the door are the same as the factory trailer.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote