TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Mod Shower

NO...I'm not talking about a paisley shower curtain! But I did do the "SirDrake" wall dressing. You know the one (or maybe you don't) where you take down one of the shower curtains and put up plastic (from another shower curtain) directly on the folding walls with some Velcro. That's the ticket brother. It creates about 30% more room in there. As far as the bathroom mods go, next to replacing that....toilet thingy...this is probably the best mod in the bathroom. Whoever thought this one up gets the GOLD FOLD AWARD! Not sure if it was "SirDrake" or not...but if so...my hat's off to you "Sir"!
This is a cheap and easy fix that everyone who likes to be clean should put it at the top of the "Mods To Do List".

Just like in the Alkaseltzer commercial, you should..."Try it...You'll like it!"
Tom

ps...ooops I forgot to push my website where I gain NOTHING but satisfaction from...see page 30
TIYLI
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
BradS7535

Thanks Tom!

I took my first shower in the TM on our past trip and it is indeed cramped in there with the 2 curtains. I'm planning on doing this mod to free up some space!
Old 07-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Hm. I didn't find the shower at all confining. Could it be that you guys are people of diameter?
Old 07-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #4
BradS7535

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
Hm. I didn't find the shower at all confining. Could it be that you guys are people of diameter?
I'm about 5'11 and 155lbs, 34" waist. It was doable but would be enjoyable with more room.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #5
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

I guess the question is.. is it the 2 of you in there? ;-) (I can't see fitting my wife and I in the shower).

I just want to know how you get under the shower. I am 5'9" - 5'10" (depending on who you ask) and I stepped in the shower, only to find it is really hard to get the shower head above my head.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #6
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Unhappy hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
Could it be that your comment is UN-CALLED FOR! What difference does it make to you how anyone is physically. Why should YOU care if someone weighs 100 lbs. or 300lbs.??? Who are you...Super-ego-man the perfect specimen?? Do you enjoy the thought of putting others down? Are we suppose to feel ashamed of being what we are just because we are NOT like you? SHEEESH!

This was SUPPOSE to be about making the shower a friendlier space...NOT what YOU think about how other folks stature appears, Bruce The Almighty!
And YES we are all so impressed with your prowess and we all realize that YOU are far superior than the rest of us primitive types...after all the Bruce way is what really matters....right?
Tom...the stupid lowly bass slug
Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 AM   #7
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
I'm about 5'11 and 155lbs, 34" waist. It was doable but would be enjoyable with more room.
Now that's what I'm talking about. Do this mod and you will agree that it IS more enjoyable to have more room. Even if you're a child and especially if your a woman with massive hair that needs washing now and again. I'm sure the ladies will appreciate this one. Right ladies?
Tom...the happy that he has more room in his shower guy
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default Gonzo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
I guess the question is.. is it the 2 of you in there? ;-) (I can't see fitting my wife and I in the shower).

I just want to know how you get under the shower. I am 5'9" - 5'10" (depending on who you ask) and I stepped in the shower, only to find it is really hard to get the shower head above my head.
Oh no, this is strictly a one man show. I guess if you had to conserve water you could squeeze two in there but that would look like a scene from a Marx Brothers movie!

Go take a look at what I did to remedy just that. I am also 5'10" (and proud of every inch by the way) and I can just barely get my head under the shower head so it rains down on the top of my head. I might have to stoop just a fraction, but can make it work.

On MY website (page 12...and I must say it this way because some might think that we are having a whizzing contest ) you can see what I did. I hope that this helps or gives you some ideas.
Tom....the guy who loves to help others by pushing his website to everyone for absolutely NO gain
Old 07-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Could it be that your comment is UN-CALLED FOR! What difference does it make to you how anyone is physically. Why should YOU care if someone weighs 100 lbs. or 300lbs.??? Who are you...Super-ego-man the perfect specimen?? Do you enjoy the thought of putting others down? Are we suppose to feel ashamed of being what we are just because we are NOT like you? SHEEESH!

This was SUPPOSE to be about making the shower a friendlier space...NOT what YOU think about how other folks stature appears, Bruce The Almighty!
And YES we are all so impressed with your prowess and we all realize that YOU are far superior than the rest of us primitive types...after all the Bruce way is what really matters....right?
Tom...the stupid lowly bass slug
Tom,

This post is out of line with the stated Board policy (http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1063), Terms of Use - personal attacks on others and the admins use of the term "playing well with others".

I would suggest you delete this post and refrain from further personal attacks on others. I stopped visiting and posting to another RV site precisely due to this type of postings and do not wish to see this Forum turn into a series of flame wars.

You have posted a lot of valuable information that is very helpful to our members, especially when it comes to modifications. Please keep your focus and posts on positive and helpful information as has been and continues to be the overall tone of the Board since its inception.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:51 AM   #10
klpauba

Tom, I took it more as a joke. And even though I am of greater diameter than many, I chuckled at Bruce's comment.

Bruce is a great resource to the forum -- not to mention the computing world -- and I give him (as I do with anyone on the forum) the benefit of the doubt that his comment was meant in jest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Could it be that your comment is UN-CALLED FOR!
[snip]
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote