TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
live2shopnc

Default Mini- blinds

Has anyone installed Mini-Blinds in their TM? Is there enough room for it to fold down with them on the windows?
Old 02-29-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:Mini- blinds

Last month I met Rich and Julie Rogers in Mission, TX. They have miniblinds in their TM. They have bolts or screws in the wall and attach the miniblinds after setting up.

I am still on the lookout for a blind system of some kind. I did find one that is a material curtain which pulls up in three levels. It has a Velcro strip to hold the whole unit in place. I don't care for the look though. If you are interested I can get the brand name. I saw it at HomeMart here in Mexico.

On the 2720SL I had :'(, I had sheers over the windows. I used drapery hooks in the window valance under the top of the curtains, a pencil thin rod and sheer. IT worked great and looked good. I need something for my current TM, there has to be something out there :.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Mini- blinds

I know that Hi-lo uses mini blinds in some of their units. Should be almost like the TrailManor since they both are telescoping units. Try looking at one of their units to see what they are like.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #4
wwjam

Default Do curtains close

Hi... I have a question about the curtains. We haven't gotten our trailer yet so I have wondered if the curtains close, or are stationary?

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 10-09-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

On our 97 model, the curtains open and close. They are fastened at the top and bottom to the wall via plastic curtain "glides" or "tabs" that are sewn to the top and bottom of each curtain about every 4" or so. The tabs fit into a channel that is fastened onto the wall about 1" above the top and below the bottom of the windows. On our trailer, the very back window and the front window where there are crank-out windows do not have bottom channels, just top channels, so the bottoms hang free. There are retaining loops (same fabric as the curtains) with velcro on each side to help hold the curtains open on all the windows.

We added some velcro tabs to the very middle of the curtains so that we could overlap and fasten them closed a little better.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #6
pbuck1

Mini blinds typically have 1" slats and require a mounting clearance of about 1.5" because of the headrail and headrail brackets. However, there are the so called micro blinds which have 1/2" slats with a 3/4" mounting and so just might work for the TM. They could possibly mount right below the valance and be wide enough to just clear the curtains on either side with the curtains opened as far as they will go. On the other hand, it might be that the curtains could overlap the blinds a little without interfering too much with opening and closing the slats. In any case, the curtains could be partially closed over the blind to contain it for towing, raising and lowering the TM. The gotcha might be that clip/handle in the middle of the window - it seems to stick out farther than anything else.

Now we just need someone to be first to try it.

Paul