TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
KellyTomandBoys

Smile A couple questions....

Hi Everyone!
We are in the process of getting a used 2005 3023. I am so excited! We have had it all!! a tent, a pop-up, a hybrid and a travel trailer! But I have always had my heart set on a trailmanor. I loved the pop-up but not having a bathroom started to get on my nerves. So we got a Jayco Kiwi.. loved that too..But the bathroom was a wetbath as they call it..that started to be inconvenient after a while if someone had to use the bathroom after someone took a shower..VERY WET!!..and the fold out canvas pop outs were cold in cool weather and HOT in the heat. Plus the noise of a busy campground kept you up..so...last year we bought a Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder. Even though, I really wanted a Trailmanor..which at that time was impossilbe to find in NJ...I settled on the funfinder. With three growing boys this camper is way too small for us..Wonderful camper, but you feel like your living on top of each other..

So here are my questions..I am interested in finding out where the tv shelf hangs...no matter how I try and can't find this answer. Also is there a parts catalog of any sort or do you have to call the factory? Can you get trailmanor parts at a dealership?

I am so glad to be a new member! I have read so much information already!
Thank you, Kelly
Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
jellis

Kelly,
Welcome to the clan. TrailManors are wonderful and the factory is great...BUT, for some reason, they are very hesitant to publish exactly what is available on various models. Your best bet, IMHO, is to join this forum and do thorough research. I just happened on it while looking at TMs, and found a wealth of information that wasn't available from the dealer or from brochures. The best example is the 40-gallon fresh water tank (twice the normal capacity) available on some models. I ordered it after reading about it here and it has really come in handy in campgrounds with no city water connection at the campsite. To this day, I haven't seen it mentioned in any brochure...you just have to know. Other such items include lift kits (standard on some models), heavier axles and top-half screens for the entrance door. When we ordered our original TM in 2006, the interior fabrics shown in the brochure were no longer available, even though they were still sending out that brochure from the factory at the time.
No one seems to know why they do this, but I'm sure they have their reasons. The brochures recently have gotten better. For instance, they now have the powered front lift and bike rack included in optional equipment.

None of this diminishes the quality of the product or the company. Both are great. But it can be difficult to find everything that's available before you buy. We were very fortunate to find this forum before we plunked down a substantial sum for a new one, probably the only one we'll ever be able to buy.

Join the forum; it's well worth the money, for this and many other reasons.

Jon
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
KellyTomandBoys

Thank you you so much for the information guys!!! Just have some other things to ponder....Do you think that the bathroom wall next to the back bedroom is strong enough to support an over the door type of shelf contraption?...it would be a lightweight LCD 17 inch tv...and we were thinking taking some velcro and trying to make a shower head holder that could be removed to take down the wall..we didn't get the TM yet..waiting to close on the HE loan..so I am driving myself crazy thinking of ideas till we get it. Thank you once again for the advice...Kelly
Old 05-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I hang various towel holders over the top of the bathroom walls. I also hang hats and long sleeve wool shirts. I'd be nervous about anything too heavy.

various people have mounted a television shelf on the inside of the exterior wall. I think that the factory sells a shelf with mounting hardware.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:50 AM   #5
KellyTomandBoys

Thank you so much for the info...My Husband was a little hesitant on making holes in the walls..But we found a wall mount that might work...when you take the tv down all that is left is a small wall plate...Target.com..I think it was under $50.00...but can't really do anything till Saturday when we get the TM!
Kelly
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTomandBoys View Post
Thank you so much for the info...My Husband was a little hesitant on making holes in the walls..But we found a wall mount that might work...when you take the tv down all that is left is a small wall plate...Target.com..I think it was under $50.00...but can't really do anything till Saturday when we get the TM!
Kelly
KellyTomandBoys,
I, as well as some others, mounted an LCD TV on the bathroom wall next to the sink. I used a low profile hanger device from WalMart and a few plastic wall anchors. When lowering the trailer/bathroom wall, the rear bed just slides over the hanging device with a 1/2" to spare. So far it's worked out well - the hanger is not pulling out of the wall.

Nick

Here's the link, if you can access the 'Modifications' pages.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5143
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote