TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
oktx77

Default A few concerns/objections for prospective new owner

We are seriously considering getting a used Trailmanor if we find the right one. Probably a 3023. I really like the Trailmanor product. It looks solid and the weight and low towing profile really appeal to us. There are a few objections/concerns that I have which may have been discussed here but I would like to get additional feedback on. Our main use will be as a fishing trip trailer in the mountain states – mainly Colorado - for up to 10 days at a stretch. I'll be towing with my GMC Sierra pickup.

Axle - I see talk about upgraded axles. Do I need this? And what is the benefit?

Fridge – Yes, we know its small. Wife is a gourmet cook and is looking forward to preparing terrific meals in a travel trailer. She’s thinking of writing a book on the subject after a few years and some feedback from others. What additional cooling arrangements does everyone use? Remember, we'll be staying in one place for a week at a time. I would like to avoid having to replace ice very often.

Toilet - I don't mind using the campground facilities for #2 if required and probably will unless its inconvenient, middle of the night, or its pouring down rain. However some campgrounds we plan to use will have no facilities. I just hate the idea of a smelly john with only a very limited #2 capacity. I see the toilet in the Trailmanors as its major drawback. It is what it is – designed for a few days. I would like to have a toilet that we can use for a week before requiring a trip to the dump. Any good alternatives here? I don't mind replacing the whole thing if necessary.

Battery - I suppose everyone has a spare? Or two? Yes or no? What about chargers or generators.

Stability - a single axle does concern me. I realize that anti sway technology has come a long ways over the years. Make me feel better about it. Also has anyone experienced a flat tire on their Trailmanor at 70mph? How did everything handle?