TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
susynstecchi

Question Set Up and Breakdown by Solo Owners

Greetings, TrailManor's Owners' Forum!

I have joined your forum because I have been thinking about purchasing a TrailManor 27Ft slideout as my very first RV, and have been reading about it for 3 years or so, but have a major concern that I hope other solo (especially female owners) can answer for me.

When I start my RV lifestyle, it will be a solo one. I will not have any other humans (two dogs and a parrot only) to assist me with the set-up and breakdown. While I am not a weakling by any means, I worry that it may be a bit difficult for me to get the tops up into position -- the video clips TrailManors provide always show two people setting up the trailer. And, more of a concern, I have not ever been able to locate any video clips or even any written description of the mechanisms that are in place and what it takes to snug the TrailManor back down to hit the road again. I feel that this lack of publicity on the breakdown means it is not one of the good points about the trailer, and that I would need help from soneone to snug it back down. I absolutely do not want to have to find someone at every campground help me ready my trailer for the road. If I can't do it all myself, I don't want a TrailManor, because I plan to do some rural camping without anyone else around on occasion, and what am I supposed to do then if I can't do it myself? And who wants to wake up neighboring campers at 6AM for help when I am ready to start the debarkation process?

So, is there anyone amongst you who are females who have had to set up and breakdown the TrailManor all by yourselves? What was it like? Is it do-able? I would hate to spend $26,000 on something that I end up having to sell in a hurry because later I find myself dependent on someone else to help me with it. Men can chime in, too, but unless you are 5'5", 140# and have less upper arm strength than an average man, your personal experience with solo setups and breakdowns probably won't be too valuable to me. But I would still like to hear from anyone who has insight.

Thank you, all!

/s/
Susyn Stecchi