TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2004, 11:47 AM   #1
hal

Default table cloth holder

Do you use huge rocks on your table to keep your table cloth from blowing away? Then when a strong wind comes up does it roll the rock off the table and onto your toe...... I think I have the solution. Bigger rocks??? Nope. I purchased some 4 spring loaded clips and about 4 feet of stretchy cord. The cord is available at most sporting goods stores or other outdoor recreational facilities. You are not going to be using it to bungy jump from the Grand Canyon so it doesn't have to be very thick. In fact mine was about the least expensive per foot. Attach one clip to each end of a shorter piece of stretchy cord. If it is too long for the width of the table, you can tie a loop in the center of this cord. You will need two set ups, one for each end of the table. To use it, you clip one edge of the table cloth at the narrow end. Run the cord under the table and attach the other clip to the table cloth edge on the other side. Now repeat with the second one at the other end of the table. The stretchy cord should keep a proper amount of pressure on the table cloth.

i hope my explanation is clear. If anyone wishes a picture, I could send one.

Hal
Old 09-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #2
Simon3xUD

Question simpler method?

Um, why not just attached the clips directly to the table (imagine the clip is a clothes pin, the table cloth is the clothing, and the table is the laundry line). You could also just purchase the plastic tablecloth holders that CW has. For those wanting something a bit more elegant CW also has the fancy cloth weights that are attached to each corner of the cloth.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
hal

Simon, I suppose your suggestions might be simpler or more permanant. But, as for attaching the clips to the table, I don't think the campgrounds would appreciate attaching clips to their tables. This is also more permanant. You would need to attach clips to tables in every campground at which you stayed. Also, many of the tables we have eaten on were concrete. As for the clips and other ideas sold by CW, we have tried them. Some fail by falling off, others disappeared when the table cloths was removed. We have several sets of these items in which one or more are lost forever. I don't think that two spring loaded clips that are attached to a string is likely to become lost and are not likely to lose their grip on the edge of the table cloth.

Hal