TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default new question

It seems to me that in order to change a tire, you have to open your TM (unless you have it jacked up 4-6"). The trouble is the fender skirts. It's hard to get the wheel off and even more hard to get it back on without opening the TM up and removing the skirts. So I think I have an idea...since the skirts are held on by a flange on the wheel well and then two screws to hold it down I thought if I could only get enough clearance to move that skirt just a couple of inches that that would be enough to get the wheel off...otherwise if you try to take off the wheel without removing the skirts you'll destroy them (been there done that)...the real problem here are those two screws that hold the skirts down. You can not get to them to take them off without opening up the trailer. What a PITA! So the grand experiment is this...I've cut off the channel on the fender skirt from the bottom to where it starts to make it's curve on the radius of the wheel well. Then instead of the two screws, I've used Velcro to hold th skirts down. That way if I need the clearance I can just give them a tug and they will come free enough to get the wheel off. Seems that when the shells are down they cover up the skirts anyway, and those screws just hold the skirt down onto the wheel well flange so they won't raise up and come off. I think this might work.

So the question is....has anyone ever done anything like this before?
ME
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Think I'd screw the Velcro down, would not trust glue in Florida.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:11 AM   #3
[email protected]
BannedUsers

good idea...and I did with some of the old screws at least the ones that hit the Velcro over the old screw holes....but I think I'll go and put a couple of more screws in the Velcro just to make sure it doesn't come off...should have used those Velcro buttons or even better is the 3M Velcro like stuff...it's far superior to Velcro!
ME
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote