TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
ronflor

Default How much to pay?

Hi all, As a prospective first time buyer, I'm grateful for this board.

We're headed to the RV show this weekend(can't wait). Most trade shows I've been to offer special deals. I'm wondering how much under MSRP can I expect to pay?

Also, Has anyone found any special financing(my credit's good), and what kind of terms can I expect?

Thanks in advance for all replies....

-Ron
Old 02-24-2005, 08:33 AM   #2
skcerny

Ron,

My wife and I purchased a '05 3023 last weekend at our local RV show. The MSRP was $28,700 (all the options less swing away hitch, extra drawer for the counter and the microwave) and change. we paid $24,400 including a class II hitch for the back of the TM for our bike rack. I was going to ask for one more item to be included but I could tell I was pretty much at the end. Our negotiations lasted about an hour and a half. I felt that I got a good deal (state of mind) yet I know the dealer made out OK. I've closed a few bars in my time but I've never closed an RV show!

We struck the deal one hour after the show closed on the last day. The dealer knew we were serious and took the time to put the deal together. I think we were both spent after we signed the purchase agreement.

I was toying over the idea of purchasing a new '04 model but the dealer was 4 hours away. My local dealer is 1 hour away and there was only a $1,400 price difference between the '04 model and the '05. I guess I prefer dealing with someone local, especially when it comes to servicing the TM. I also felt somewhat obligated because the dealer himself spent an hour (before the negotiations began) with me answering some additional questions that I had. This was in addition to the three or so hours that my wife and I spent with the sales consultant going over the TM and learning about it.

In terms of financing, the dealer quoted me a 6 1/4 % rate. I have found a 5 1/4% rate at the KOA website. I beleive that yhey use Essex Credit Union. I am exploring that option know. With Essex, you can finance up to 15 years. It is a fixed simple interest rate that can be paid off at anytime.

Hope the above helps. Good luck!

Steve
Old 03-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
ronflor

Default Thanks

It does help. Thanks, and happy camping. The show I went to didn't even have a TM there. I was afraid of that because the nearest dealer is 4-5 hours away, and I live in a fairly small market. Looks like a road trip is in order...

-Ron
Old 03-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Default TM discounts

For our experience in California I noted that the dealer offered a 10% discount at the dealership. For show specials he offered about 14% discount off of MSRP. This was on a new unit that we special ordered in order to get just what we wanted. I learned the hard way not to rush this in all the excitement. Be sure to check everything thoroughly before towing it home or you will be making a trip back. Once you have paid your money you no longer have priority. They told me that before they could help me solve my problem, which required adjustment of the torsion bars, that they had several units that they had to get ready for delivery to new coustomers first. So be ready to be patient.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Yup, why is it that once they have your money the dealer has other priorites? Makes me mad, as I did not haggle over the price when we ordered ours. I thought that would get us better service if we needed it...Surprise! (see under dealers, no service)
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote