TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
TrailManG

Default I dream of the day....

Hello All! I'm new to this site. I just found it yesterday. I never knew one existed. I discovered the TrailManor's last year and ever since then I've been dreaming of one to own someday. They look so awesome! Forget those lousy Pop Ups. I want a TrailManor! My goal is to have one within the next 3 years, although my wife is not a camper, even the thought of camping turns her off but get this...she's never been camping. So if there are any suggestions as to how I can convince her, let me know. I think if she got to view a TrailManor in person, she would be convinced and hopefully she will agree to let me get one. So for now it's just a dream of owning one someday. I envy you all that have one!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
TrailManG

The town next to me manufacture's RV's and Campers of all types and there are lots of Dealers in town too but not even one carries a TrailManor. Not fair. I have to go way over to Illinois or to Detroit to even see one at a used dealership.
I showed two co-workers of mine the TrailManor website and they loved it! They never knew that type existed. The days of pop ups are over. TrailManor is the way to go.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
SireMike

This is not cheap but cheaper than if you buy a camper and she totally hates it.

Rent a trailer or MH and see if she is ok with the camping experience. See what her specific likes and dislikes are. If she totally hates it then your are out of luck

mike
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
TrailManG

I don't have a pop up but I've been in one before.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
" Many people think that the Holiday Inn without a pool is as rustic and primative as they want.
That used to be my wife's idea of camping. She loved camping in our pop-up, and even more so now that we have the TM.

Chap
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Ladybug58

From a woman's perspective -- although I LOVE to camp, even if it's kinda rustic...
That whole "Holiday Inn" thing just indicates a desire to be comfortable & clean. With a nice shower & A/C, this is a far cry from tent camping & having to use a gag-inducing pit toilet 1/2 mile up some pitted dirt road!

Sometimes, too, the women think "what the heck kinda vacation is this if I still have to cook, clean & do dishes????" So maybe if you camp somewhere where you can ocassionally do a nice little restaurant meal, & bring a little grill & make sure meals are simple & fun -- not a big boring chore -- she would enjoy it more.

How about playing up the romantic side of camping -- the campfire, the brilliant stars, the freedom of being outdoors. It's so nice to sit around the campfire relaxing & talking to each other instead of watching TV at nite!!

Maybe if her first experience or 2 were in campgrounds that were more "resort like" with lots of activities & amenties, that would help too. Who knows??? Maybe she will fall in love with it!!! Best of luck!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Joseph

Default Time out for the wife...

I had to smile when I read this thread and the above answer from LadyBug58…
When we go camping I usually do all the cooking. I like to cook “out there” for some reason. Not so much at home, but camping is different! Perhaps it is because it is usually a different type of cooking…. Don’t know.

Melanie went with me when we had the popup but she LOVES HAVING A BATHROOM… I cannot stress that enough. She wears contacts and likes having a clean well lit place to “ do her eyes “.. And the A.C. is a big plus for her. Me too now that I think about it! But LadyBug58 is right. If you want the wife to go with you make it worth her while!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #8
camp2canoe

I agree with Mike - rent a unit and show her a good time. Who knows what may come of this? You might also log on to the factory website, hit the TrailBlazers link and see if there is a rally you could drive to. The folks at our first rally a few weeks back were so enthusiastic that my wife would have bought a TM if we didn't already own one! - Camp2Canoe
Old 07-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #9
Freedom

When we are living in the TM we use a lot of disposable stuff - paper plates - bowls, etc. - so there isn't a lot of cleanup after meals. I cook a lot on the grill and we fix really easy picnic type things. It's like we are on a picnic all the time. Lots of times we make things ahead of time - potato salad, bean salsd, lasagna, enchiladas, etc. My wife is on vacation, too, so we try to do everything simply. I like to cook so that's not a problem. I cook at home, too - and vacuum, mop, do some laundry, etc. We like to make our marriage a partnership - it's worked for 39 years!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 AM   #10
TrailManG

Thanks for the advice all. It is appreciated. Hey Joseph, is that pic of the Tetons behind you?