TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Douph92

Question Lift kit question

I apologize for this question, but I am learning all I can before I purchase. What is the purpose of the lift kit? I am trying to determine if I would need one and how it would affect the camper fitting into my garage of 82 inches vertical distance.

Dave
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Flycaster

Default lift kit can be a good idea

I just took delivery of a new 3023 with a lift kit (2 inch) added at the factory. The 3023 is the first in the line that uses a 5000 lb rated axle and 15 inch wheels. I was advised that the 15 inch wheels raises the frame about two inches over the models with a 14 inch wheels, so my lift kit gives me lots of clearance for the gray and black water pipes that hang below the unit, driver's side, rear.

I added the lift because about half of the camping we do in the Blue Ridge Mtns. is accessable only over some tricky terrain; many of the best sites are the hardest to get to.

Furthermore, I like the idea of getting on my creeper and easily scooting under the rig to inspect and repair. Apparently the added body height will make changing the tires easier as well.

Finally, since I am towing with a taller SUV, perhaps the additional height will not affect the trailer's towing characteristics very much.

Good luck with your decision. I am very pleased with the additional lift.

Flycaster
Old 03-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
PopBeavers

The purpose of the lift kit is to increase ground clearance. When I go into driveways to get gas I don't drag onthe ground.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
hal

The lift kit was developed by the dealer in Colorado. Being that mountain camping is conveniently located a few miles west of the major cities, many people use these mountains to escape the rigors found in the city. The purpose of the kit was to allow people more access to the more remote camp sites, which were more reachable by having the trailer lifted 2 inches.

Also, thanks to this dealer, many of you are able to enjoy the slide out models, dual porch lights on the street side plus a porch light on the street side. The Colorado dealer began the tradition of having extra windows on the front and rear sides of the TrailManor trailer. Originally, there was only one side window in the area and only one window in the front sides of the TM

Hal
Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #5
Douph92

Thanks for the insight Texas Camper. I see you are in Denton. I am originally from Carrollton and I am here in Ft Collins CO working on a PhD. If you see any 2720s there in Texas for sale let me know. We need an excuse come back and see folks.

Gig Em!!
Dave
Old 03-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
Doug & Jeanne
Site Sponsor

Default lift kit

I just purchased a TM 3023. Who sells the lift kits?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Trailmanor http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Service/Service.htm
Old 03-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
angler_2

Default How do you know if you have lift kit on used TM?

I'll be picking up my used 2000 2720sl tomorrow. Since I'll be taking my TM on some pretty tough mountain roads, I want to be sure I have the lift kit. If this trailer doesn't have one, I will purchase one from the factory and have it installed. What does the lift kit look like when I look up under the trailer? Is it easy to identify?
Thanks,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
rockerga

Default Lift Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler_2
I'll be picking up my used 2000 2720sl tomorrow. Since I'll be taking my TM on some pretty tough mountain roads, I want to be sure I have the lift kit. If this trailer doesn't have one, I will purchase one from the factory and have it installed. What does the lift kit look like when I look up under the trailer? Is it easy to identify?
Thanks,
Here is a pic of mine. It is just a 2" piece of steel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 2720SL 2 inch lift Pic.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1044  
Old 03-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Search engine to the rescue! Take a look at Ripp1202's post at

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...615&#post16615