TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
Elaina and George

Default Shower Curtain

Ok guys, sorry I have so many questions, but I'm a woman so my mind is always reeling Can you use a spring loaded rod once you set up and hang a shower curtain? thanks Elaina
Old 08-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Elaina and George

Default shower curtain

I haven't had a reply from anyone - the one we looked at is used 2004 - looks brand new - but there was no shower curtain - maybe you guys are all saying hum - we have one - there was no rod or shower curtain - thought that a bit odd
Old 08-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
BobRederick

Elaina & Geo,

I have a 2004 3326. The shower is a nylon fabric type material. It is good choice and allows air to get throught it for quicker drying. It looks like two normal curtains were sewn together end to end to make the long curtain to go all the way around the shower. The curtain hangs from smaller u-shaped wires that have rollers on each end. The rollers fit in the track above the shower and hold the curtain out a bit beyond the edge of the tub to give you more room in there. I have seen these rollers at Camping World. I would suggest you look there in addition to checking at the factory for price. The factory curtains are about 6 inches too long and lay in the water puddle in the tub which I found to be restricting. Cutting this off and reheming it (see article by Hal in Colorado) made my shower seem larger and much more useable. Hal's design uses velcro patches to a) hold the curtain against the wall, b) to form closure of the opening, & c) to hold the curtain open after the shower so it can get air circulation and dry more quickly. I find it a very nice improvement to the TM.

Bob
Old 08-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
LandonFamily
Site Sponsor

Oh my, showers in a Trailmanor would be wonderful if we could just hang up a spring loaded rod and hang a shower curtain on it! Unfortunately, none of the walls are waterproof, so that's why you must hang a curtain that goes all the way around. And when you do that, the curtain will considerably lessen the amount of space you've got to turn around in there! I shortened my curtain, but didn't remove any of the extra fabric in the corners, and now I wish had taken the time to do it. There's a LOT of extra fabric and it's always in the way.

Caroline
Old 08-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
ddnavar

Default Curtain Mods

My wife cut 5" from the bottom of the curtain, attached velcro on the vertical sections of the curtain and added little pockets for shampoo and soap. Works great, since I don't like picking up soap or shampoo from the bottom.
Also I can open the slits for the valves and shower head..
3 attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shctntop.JPG
Views:	1343
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	625   Click image for larger version

Name:	shcufaucet.JPG
Views:	1287
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	626   Click image for larger version

Name:	shcuhead.JPG
Views:	1484
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	627  
Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Elaina and George

Default Shower Curtain (well duh on my behalf )

Once we got our TM Friday I realized there is no way except to have a surround shower curtain - what was I thinking ? I guess I just couldn't take in all the features at once when we were looking at the TM. Yes I love everyones idea about cutting down the curtain and the velcro attachments - that is such a good idea - I guess if you are staying at a campground with a nice bath house it would be just as convenient to use their shower. Thanks Elaina
Old 08-23-2005, 07:34 AM   #7
dennisu

Default shower curtain redesign

our soulution to the "showering in a trashbag" feeling was as follows. i took off one of the shower curtains totally. bought a new heavier weight curtain at walmart. cut the length down to fit along (over) from the top of the bedroom/hall folding wall to into the tub. i put this up each trip and use picnic table cover clamps to secure it to the top of the bedroom/hall folding wall. it fits neatly back against the walls and gives you ever so much more room in the shower. the other curtain was also cut off on the length and now is only used for the shower entry side.

dennisu
Old 08-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #8
Elaina and George

Wow - that is a really neat idea - yes I can see how that would give you so much more room - thanks Elaina
Old 08-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #9
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Bright Idea

A friend of mine came up with a good idea, you can buy those enclosure's they use for camping and actually use your outside shower for more room, she told me she and her daughter had been taking showers outside with their swimsuits and decided for more privacy they purchased one of those enclosure at Camping World, not tried it yet but it sounds like more elbow room, she said they camp mostly where there are paved and the water just runs down hill, the unit just folds up.

Pam
Old 08-24-2005, 09:23 AM   #10
Elaina and George

Especially in the summer this is a great idea - and the grandkids would think it would be so cool to take a shower outside. You could build a small slatted wooden platform to stand on and throw it in the back of your truck, that would solve the muddy feet issue if it wasn't paved. The enclosure would solve the privacy issue - I really like this idea. Thank Elaina