TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
ragmopp

Default Question about the TM toilet

Hello,

My wife and I are definately considering a TM. We currently own a Aliner popup, so we know the advantages of a hardsided trailer. It has now come to a time where more room and a bathroom are important. However, we don't want to give up the idea of a relatively compact trailer and ease of set up. We realize the TM can't compete with the 'A' as to setting up (30 seconds for the 'A'), but the advantages of a larger trailer and a bath are, at this point, more important.
From the little I have read on this forum the owners seem to be a loyal and helpful as the 'A' forum I read. So that leads me to my question.
I have read a little about the tiolet and the process of filling, priming, and dumping, so am confused at why the company is using this type of toilet as opposed to the 'standard' rv toilet? Now my 'A' doesn't have a bath so I haven't the faintest idea on what the 'best' toilet in a rv would be, but it strikes me that there is a lot of issues with this toilet. Am I wrong on this?
Regardless, we will be selling our 'A' and purchasing a TM next spring. So the toilet issue isn't a major issue, just something to deal with.

On another note, it was funny how we discovered the TM. I saw in the latest issue of Trailer Life a article on the HiLo and started doing some research. Didn't like the floorplans on that trailer but discovered the TM and we really like the 2720SL. Then the next day was driving home from the store and noticed the neighbors trailer (which has been sitting there for at least 6 months) which turned out to be a TM. What luck. Got a chance to see the inside and both the wife and I were quite impressed.

Sorry to ramble, but just wanted to say Hi, and ask the question. Thanks for all the good info on this site.

Mike & Lil Anderson