TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjneff
How long do the propane tanks last? I am interested to know if anyone here runs both propane and AC on the hot water heater and if it makes a difference. Oh I am getting a reece hitch installed what size of ball head do I need to hook-up to the trailer? The electrical will be a socket on the bumper will the cord from the TM be long enough? My TV is a Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Quad Cab 2002 SB
I have a 2005 2720. We have been out for 20 nights this year, all 2 to 4 day weekends. I think I have maybe used one bottle of propane. We have used the furnace 3 nights.

My cord is so long that I wrap it once around the jack to take up the slack.

My 2720 that has an axle weight when fully loaded of 3380 pounds. I have never weighed the tongue. I do not use any sway bars or WD hitch. I have never felt any sway or drag. I think my truck is a little larger than yours, 2002 Chevy Silverado full crew cab 4wd 6.0 liter automatic.

I have the Valley Odyssey brake controller. Very similar to the Prodigy, but with a couple of enhanced features.

I have used the water heater on electric once. We normally stay in forrest service campgrounds with no hookups. I did not notice any difference in recovery time for the water heater between electric versus gas. I have never run out of hot water, but we also don't take showers in the TM.

Ohters have claimed that you can run both propane and electric at the same time on the water heater if you need quicker recovery time. I have never tried it. I will use electric when I have hookups, else use propane.