TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
natur_lover

Question Kitchen Sink Cover

Hi, I've been reading the TM Forum for a while now and have to agree, there sure is lots of useful knowledge here as well as friendly folks

We've ordered a 2007 3023 and are awaiting delivery ... in the mean time, we've been looking at items to make it a little more comfortable. One of the things in which we were interested is a cover for the kitchen sink to make a little more counter space. But none of the covers seem to fit the sink. I called TM and they said the dimensions are 22 inches x 25 inches.

So my question is, has anyone found or come up with a kitchen sink cover?

Thanks for the help and Happy TM-ing to all!

Tami -N- Dan
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
Freedom

Here's a place that will make a cutting board what ever size you want. http://www.thecuttingboardfactory.com/
Old 04-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

I was going to post a picture of the wire shelves we modifed to go over the sink but TexasCamper already put the link to my picture in his post!

Bill
Old 04-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
natur_lover

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions ... I'm sure I'll find something that will work just fine. I'll probably wait until we get the trailer so I can take more exact measurements. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

imitation is the highest form of flattery.....I will be sure to let Lisa know. She will be tickled.

Bill
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

In a few weeks we will remodel my office at work...replace the small fridge...new paint and flooring...instead of throwing out 2 small plastic coated fridge shelves I saved them...and will measure them tomorrow...they might work in that area. They are like new...never used.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
rjsmalley

Default Cabinet pull out shelf

Texas Camper

Thanks for those photos of alternations you’ve made to your TM. Some great ideas for making life even easier in the TM. I have a question concerning the pull out shelf you made on what looks like all your cabinets. Where did you get the hardware, and do you feel you lost storage space in adding those?

Ray
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
rjsmalley

Default RE; Cabinet pull out shelf

Leon
That's a good idea as well. Any thing to save the need to crawl around to find and retrieve things is helpful.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
Bill & Lisa

RJSMalley,
My wife Lisa did the pull outs pictured on the TM pics web page. you can get the wood and guides/rollers from Home Depot or Lowes. Overall you lose and inch of space on the bottom and the sides of the available opening BUT we cut plastic coated wire mesh to extend the height of the sides and back of the drawer. This allows us to stack more stuff higer on the slide and not have it fall over or slide about during travel. Overall result is we can put more in the available space, it stays in place and there is less chance for breakage.

Bill
Old 04-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
P M Owl

Default Re: Cabinet pull-out shelves and/or stackable tubs

I am jealously guarding a stash of commercial soft drink plastic stackable "flats", which a friend of mine "liberated" for me (don't ask!).

I don't have them nearby right now to give you dimensions, but, as I recall, they are about the horizontal size of a commercial milk crate, and 3 of them stacked is a little taller than the height of a milk crate.

With a little careful planning, it is amazing how much shtuff (my wife's word, not mine . . . you figure it out) can be stored in easily accessible "layered" fashion this way.

Gary