TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Atwood A/C installation took 1 and 1/2 hours

Is all it took to plop in my new Atwood 15K A/C. Sorry Bill, no special braces, measurements, photos, or tongue positions. Removed the old Coleman. That was the hardest part just getting it down. However I did have some help from TD RV mobile service who came by and did most of the work and did it for the old Coleman so that didn't cost me any $$$. We positioned the Atwood in it's place and raised the TM back up so we could finish the inside part of the job which included cutting the duct that they provide down to the right size for this fit (2 1/4" long was the final measurement)...and I must say, the Atwood is oooo sooo quiet! So much so that Dan, (Mr. TD RV) said he wanted to get one for his rig (he had never worked on one of these or heard them run...or is that NOT heard them run?)!

The remote control is a nice feature too as well as the heat pump (hey if you want to pump some heat step outside here in Austin).... So it fit perfectly....the ONLY con to the Atwood is that the filters slide out to the sides, and the way that the unit is positioned into that recess, there just isn't any room to slide them out....so...to clean the filters I will have to drop the plenum (that's what they call the air distribution panel). Four screws and it will come down....however, where there is a will there is a better way to do this...I'll come up with something you bet your booty...but until then I'll enjoy the quiet and will be able to finally hear the television for a change. NO more RUMBLE RUMBLE of the compressor...yeah! Plus no more WHOOOOOSH from the blower because this unit has two motors. One for the condenser and a separate one that runs the blower inside. That way the needs of one is not affected by the constraints of the other. But best of all "The Management" is happy!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote