TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
SCBillandJane

Default Installing a Prodigy Brake Controller

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra with the factory towing package and the wiring harness for a brake controller. I am looking at a Prodigy P3 brake controller because of recommendations on this site. Is this something that should be done at Camping World or is this a simple installation? Any advice? How and where do you mount it on the dash?
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
Scott O

You can buy a custom wiring harnness for your Toyota...makes it easier as you just plug it into the P3 and the plug under the dash. There will also probably be an extra ground wire to attach somewhere under the dash. It unit mounts with 2 screws. Location is flexible, although it needs to be perperdicular to the direction of travel and somewhere you can look down to see the numbers. Mount it near the steering column out of the way of your knees! It is a very simple install. The P3 works very well, although there are other good choices also. I set mine to 6.5 and it seems to work well. By the way, it is a Tekonsha P3 as I was corrected by their support person. The Prodigy is a different unit, also made by Tekonsha.