TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
photoadjuster

Default Improved Door pin system

For those having problems with the screws stripping out that hold the door pin clip on:

While at the factory having a TM tuneup they removed the square plastic alignment blocks screwed above the clip and pin location, and replaced them with a round plastic part that extends down to help hold the door pin clip in place.

Also I learned that the two screws that hold the door clips on, screw into wood, not aluminum, on all models of TM. We previous discussed, on this board, trying to install riv-nuts to hold the screws, wrongly assuming that there was an aluminum frame around the door. If your screws are stripped out, fill the holes up with wood and glue and use wood screws. My TM came with machine threaded screws, which made me think they were installed in a metal frame. The frame around the door is made of popular wood.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

That is good info...thanks for sharing.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
jhill30

I can vouch for that. I re-built the top of my door, due to "rot" I guess.
The aluminum had rusted all the way through on several spots.
So I tore the thing down, and re-built it. It does have poplar wood around it, but only an inch wide. The rest of it is foam glued to aluminum skin. The problem that I saw, is that the latch was not screwed to the wood, (on mine at least) So, when I re-built, I used about 2 inches of wood around the perimeter.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
mgoblue911

Default Door Pin Clip

Hi Mike,

Is there any chance that you could post a picture of what you are describing? We are having an issue with the door pin clip as well, but I can't envision what the "alignment block" is or what the new part is.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
photoadjuster

Default Photos later

Jon, I am unable to photograph the items because I am in east texas and the TM is in west texas.

The alignment block is the plastic rectangle that has a 45 degree angle cut. It is screwed to the wall just above the door pin and clip. TM removed those and replaced them with a round plastic piece that covers the top 1/2" of both the door pin and clip. There is a slot in the round plastic piece that the pin passes though. It holden the clip firmly to the wall and takes the pressure off of the two mounting screws that hold the clip to the wall.