TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default How to use the shower?

I have not yet used the shower so have some questions. If I use the shower head holder at the top to take a shower, it looks to me like water will easily leak all over between the shower curtain opening. Do you Velcro the shower curtain there?

I also have a 4 inch opening in that back corner into the king bed area, what do I do with that, if anything?
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Our curtains will wrap all the way around the shower area. We just let it them hang down. Itf the back side of the curtain is wet it will cling to the tub. We turn of the shower to get wet. Turn off the water and soap up. Then rinse and repeat until we are done. Washing hair uses the most water. But if you start with your hair you will use less water.

There has been lots of post of shower mods. It seems some people have changed curtains and curtain rods, added Velcro, modified the 3 walls with plastic covers, made a rod to hold out the curtains for more room, and changed the shower head. The only mode we made was changing the shower head.

I would do a search using shower.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
Our curtains will wrap all the way around the shower area. We just let it them hang down. Itf the back side of the curtain is wet it will cling to the tub. We turn of the shower to get wet. Turn off the water and soap up. Then rinse and repeat until we are done. Washing hair uses the most water. But if you start with your hair you will use less water.

There has been lots of post of shower mods. It seems some people have changed curtains and curtain rods, added Velcro, modified the 3 walls with plastic covers, made a rod to hold out the curtains for more room, and changed the shower head. The only mode we made was changing the shower head.

I would do a search using shower.
Mine will wrap all the way around as well. If I do that then the shower head will be behind the plastic shower curtain if I mount it up on the holder!!
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Oh, I don't use the hook when showering. I hold it or lay it on the tub floor when i'm not spraying my self. I know there is a hook in the tub, but I don't remember if I have a hook on the upper wall?
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
funpilot
TrailManor Master

We are hoping to finally get an instant on hot water heater that really works. As I have posted elsewhere, I am looking at the Truma AquaGo. So, taking long showers like one would take at home is what I want to achieve so using the hook is what I want to do. I will find a way, I am sure. They were just featured in the latest RollinonTV show. Here is a link to the youtube video of it. They are in the second half of the show.

Any comments on how to fill the empty space in the wall? Or, do not worry about it?
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Our TM has two shower curtains (I think all TMs have this), and you slide them around until you can fasten the edges together to make one big curtain. The big curtain covers all openings in the shower wall, so no water leaks or splashes out anywhere.

Way back when the forum was new, there were a number of ideas for building a "hands free shower holder" (use that term in the Search box) that hangs over the edge of the wall of the shower. Our member Hal proposed one, as relected in this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10711

I thought the soap dispenser he used was a little elaborate, so I made up a simpler one using a basket caddy like the one pictured here. Removed the suction cups from the back, substituted plastic over-the-door hangers, and added a shower head holder (like the one shown, but in clear plastic) to the front. A simple project, all parts easily available at WalMart. A picture of the final result can be seen in my Tech Stuff album at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=449
Besides holding the shampoo bottles in a convenient location, its primary advantage is that I can close and fasten the curtains behind it, so the shower head is not covered by the curtain.

Incidentally, I fasten the two curtains together with "chip clips", like big plastic clothespins designed to hold bags of potato chips closed. Two clips on each seam works great.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower holder.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	11125  
Attached Images

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

The biggest problem with long showers is the small capacity of the gray water tank.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #8
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3 View Post
The biggest problem with long showers is the small capacity of the gray water tank.
That is true. I plan on opening it up to dump directly into the full hookup sewer. So, not capacity issue. Am I doing something wrong?

I really like the chip click idea to close the opening. I think I can do that so the wall mounted shower head should work nicely.

As for the gap in the wall, I am planning to fill it with a pool noodle. I think I will slit it so it can "grab" the wall to stay put. Does that make sense?
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #9
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
That is true. I plan on opening it up to dump directly into the full hookup sewer. So, not capacity issue. Am I doing something wrong?
Nope, nothing wrong with leaving gray water open when hooked up to a campground sewer system. Good practice is to let gray water tank fill before dumping the toilet, then using the gray water to flush your sewer line.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #10
funpilot
TrailManor Master

I have the cassette model....so no need that I can see.
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit