TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
zorro56

Default 2006 Jeep Liberty Towing Advice Needed

I recently purchased a 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4 and I am looking at purchasing a TM 2619 or a 3023. I would prefer to have the 3023 as I have 3 small children.

My Jeep Liberty has 3.7 liter with tow package factory rated for 5000lbs max owing capacity.

Most of my towing will be in Florida where I live where everything is fairly flat. However we are wanting to make a trip to Ontario Canada in a few weeks and see some of the country side with the kids. Next year we would like to also travel from Florida to California.

I have never towed anything before other than in the state and that was my boat. So I am inexperienced and do not want to put myself in a situation that I can not handle. Remember I live in Florida where everything is flat

I bought the Jeep liberty instead of a big huge truck because my primary use for the vehicle is not pulling stuff. I also like off-roading and this thing with its short wheel base will take me places big trucks will not go.

So the trade off was to find a lightweight trailer than I can pull safely for my family.

The TM 2619 dry weight without options and travel cargo is 2673 lbs. The TM 3023 dry weight without options and cargo is about 2915lbs

I am thinking that we will probably put about 500/bs of cargo and our combined weight for all of us is about 550/bs.

Therefore the TM 3023 I am looking at with options is 3245lbs and with cargo and us our total weight would be around 4300lbs.

The TM 2619 total with options cargo and us would be around 4050lbs.

The Jeep Liberty weight is around 4000lbs. Jeep Specs

The TM dealers are telling me no problem but suggest weight distribution saddles and or possibly anti sway control.

So I am open for feedback.

Also what is your feedback on the TM for potential water leaks and also the use of that small recycling toilet. Something tells me I am going to regret the toilet.

Zorro….