TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
webfoot

Default Sink counter height for 2417 (new 2014 models)

I keep waffling between the 2720 and 2417 (anyone else think 24/7 when looking at the model number of the latter?). I don't have a dealer near me so have been picking information from this forum.

The smaller and lighter 2417, plus king size bed, seem to make it the more practical choice for my wife and I. The 2 things I don't like about the 2417 are wet bath and what appears to be a low sink counter height.

Anyone know the sink counter height in the 2417? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
MariaG

We have a wet bath, and I HATE it. I'd love the tub option. I'd love a king bed too. Hoping to upgrade someday.....
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Riwright
TrailManor Master

I'm curious. Why do you hate the wet bath?
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
MariaG

It's small. The curtain sticks to you because there isn't much room. You have to dry the floor after if you want to use the bathroom and not have your feet in a puddle, and if you don't there are always dirty foot prints left on the damp floor. It's just irritating to me. If it were bigger, maybe it wouldn't bother me so much, but if it were bigger we'd have room for a tub. I don't know if the newer wet baths are as small as the one in our old '86 - if you go to my blog (address in signature below) there is a a pic of the bath that shows how small it is.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Webfoot, my 2417 is covered right now, so I can't measure the counter height. But, the counter is lower to allow the bed to slide over it. It is about 6" lower than the larger models, as their front bed does not have to slide over the counter (longer box).

That said, I have not had any problems with the lower counter. I can do all my prep work on the counter with no problems. If I really want something up a little higher, I can put it on the same level as the sink, as that is a bit higher. Also, the new models are configured differently than my original 2417 Sport, so my counter height may not be relevant to the new models.

We have no problems with the wet bath, either. We like that the bathroom takes up less of the floorspace than a larger, "dry" bathroom. But, that is our choice, not everyone's. We do dry the floor after showers, but that takes a couple of paper towels. That also wipes hair out, though, so that is a benefit.

I don't know, but it may be that the newer shower curtain tracks are larger than the old ones, as we don't have problems with the shower curtains sticking to us during showers. There have been many changes, and this may be one of them.

We got the 2417 due to the smaller size, as we like to go off-road, and for the king-size bed. The 2720 has more room inside, but a smaller bed, and it weighs more (plus may have more room for more stuff, which adds even more weight).

Good luck on your decision-making. Lots of things to consider, and what works great for us won't work for everyone.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
webfoot

Regarding the wet bath, I'm passing judgment without experiencing what it is like. If I were one of my kids I'd be lecturing myself. :-)
Old 10-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Laura FM

Yes, it is pretty low. The earlier 2417s had the sink the in the middle, and then a moveable stove on the shorter part. But then they changed it. I decided to go back to doing my dishes outside with two good sized dish pans, which I prefer anyway. The sink is pretty small. We also do not have the bathroom option.

Sorry, I cannot measure it for you.

I love the 2417 - small, simple, yet with a king sized bed - exactly what we wanted.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
webfoot

Currently we have a 2004 Fleetwood Santa Fe popup with a swing-level galley for sink and stove top. I wish TrailManor offered something like this as an option for the 2417. It could contain a larger sink and counter space to the side (no stovetop since 2417 has that across the aisle) with more cupboard storage underneath. Trailmanor should be able to do this, unless Fleetwood (or Coleman or Somerset... their popups have changed ownership in recent years) owns the patent.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
TMJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
I
Anyone know the sink counter height in the 2417? Thanks.
The new models are about 28".