TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default New pad.

When I had the Vixen 21ft RV it just fit in the back garage (had to notch the frame to clear the mirrors. Unfortunately the TM is about 6" wider, enough so that I would have to widen the entire frame including the rails for the door.

Ultimately I may decide to do that however at the back of my lot there is a natural "grotto" of florida vegetation and after a bit of week wacking had a nice place to park the TM that was protected on three sides and above (house is on 4th side) and not visible from the street.

Originally I put down som 18x18x2" pavers but that was not really satisfactory and I was concerned about the damp ground.

Constuction is slow around here so I was able to have a 10'x25'4" pad put down for less than 10% of what I paid for the TM (and I got a very good deal on it back in April)

Looking ahead a 2922KS is possible so sized the pad for that. Also left 4' of clearance behind so I can open it up occsionally and air it out.

Did have the bight (?) Idea of laying down some of the 18x18x2 pavers where the tires were going to give a bit more clearance when working under the TM. Puts the edge of the body 20" off the pad. Also makes sure that the tires never stand in water if we have a frog strangler.

Can bring water and power out there so can be a guest cottage as well.

Any suggestions ? I see no downside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newpad.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	10917  
Old 11-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Looks great!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

If that tarp you have is not a breathable type, the TM will get very hot in our FL sun and the plastic roof vents will crack. May not be so good for the A/C unit cover either. A portable carport on short legs will work nice to keep stuff off the TM while mostly keeping the weather off.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Guess I forgot to mention that the "natural vegetation" includes a full leafy canopy over the top. Do have to clean the leaves off before opening

Stays cool even in summer heat. Further there are a number of "noodles" under the tarp so it is really only touching the edges of the roof and the AC cover. Picture was taken in late afternoon during a brief period before the sun sinks behind the house.

With cars that range up to 45 years old I know the value of keeping in the shade and protected. May stretch the garage door a foot & move inside but then would be on top of the lift, just have not decided.