TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Bluegrass

Default 3124kb

Am considering a new 3124KB. Though there are just two of us, we thought the KB would be better for us than KS because of the 40 gallon fresh water tank and also the ability to put stuff like my banjo, guitar, etc on the double bed. Can't figure out where that stuff would go on the KS model.

Two questions:

1. Do the above two reasons make sense as reasons for choosing the KB?
2. How long does your 20 gallon or 40 gallon fresh water last when dry camping? (we're ex-houseboaters so we know how to take a Navy shower.)

We go to a lot of bluegrass festivals and tend to be there for a week at a time.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
Am considering a new 3124KB. Though there are just two of us, we thought the KB would be better for us than KS because of the 40 gallon fresh water tank and also the ability to put stuff like my banjo, guitar, etc on the double bed. Can't figure out where that stuff would go on the KS model.

Two questions:

1. Do the above two reasons make sense as reasons for choosing the KB?
2. How long does your 20 gallon or 40 gallon fresh water last when dry camping? (we're ex-houseboaters so we know how to take a Navy shower.)

We go to a lot of bluegrass festivals and tend to be there for a week at a time.

Bluegrass,

Just want to make sure that realize something with storage on the front bed: You could not put your guitar and banjo on the double bed in transit......the roof of the TM lays down on top of that when closed.

As for the water situation: We have a 20 gal. tank, but sometimes wish we had the 40. We use about 30 gals. in a week of dry camping, so I have to carry extra water with us when we are staying that long.

Chap
Old 03-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Bluegrass

Thanks for the info. Particularly about water usage since that is a primary driver for buying a KB.

I do know that there is no storage on the beds in transit. My TV is a Tundra double cab, so the banjo etc will travel inside.

Another question about storage in transit. I assume there is space on the floor between the sofas and also on the sofas up to the height of the sofa back. Is that the case?

I'd also be interested in hearing from others about their water usage over a weeks time.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
Thanks for the info. Particularly about water usage since that is a primary driver for buying a KB.

I do know that there is no storage on the beds in transit. My TV is a Tundra double cab, so the banjo etc will travel inside.

Another question about storage in transit. I assume there is space on the floor between the sofas and also on the sofas up to the height of the sofa back. Is that the case?

I'd also be interested in hearing from others about their water usage over a weeks time.

If the 3124 is like my 2720, you have to lay the vetical cushions down before sliding the bed in. There should be plenty of room on the floor between the sofas all the back to where the wardrobe lays down.

Chap
Old 03-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A Tundra is a more than capable vehicle. My suggestion is that you go to WalMart, buy 3 or 4 of their 7-gallon blue water containers, fill them, and carry them in the bed of the Tundra. Then get a bilge pump [use the Search tool on this term] or a small electric pump, and you can refill the 20-gallon water tank whenever needed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Hi Bill,

I could not find the 7 gallon blue water containers on line at Walmart...are they in the camping section?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

In my experience, the 3rd worst on-line shopping experience in the world is Wal Mart online (the first two are auto supply houses, and HomeDepot/Lowes). I can't find it either, but they are usually in the actual store, in or near the camping section as you thought.

You can see them at REI here
http://www.rei.com/product/618168
but they are cheaper at WalMart. They sold a ton of 'em in advance of the Y2K scare - remember that? Somewhow when the calendar rolled over, water would no longer flow out of your faucet. Anyway, I bought 3 of them for $2 each from a guy who didn't want to admit why he had them.

Anyway, even at REI they are a pretty good deal. The square shape makes them easy to carry, and the opening is big enough to accept the REI bilge pump, that has been discussed in other threads. And the fact that they are rigid also has some advantages - I also have a couple collapsible water jugs, which also have their advantages.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks...now that I KNOW exactly what they look like I will look for them on my next visit to Walmart!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
Al-n-Sue

That very water container saved us a very bad first camping trip in our popup years ago - got so excited about being at the camp we got in, set up and then realized we had forgotten to fill the tamk! A Walmart not to far away provided the water container that saved the weekend! Only I think the one we bought was on 5 gal. Still, enough in an emergency.
Alan
Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
Fdxflyer

A second 20 gallon can be added right next to the original in a 3124KB. We ahd it done when we bought ours.