TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
Maxine

Default Tall dish washers

I'm 5'10 and on our first trip washing dishes was very difficult because the sink is so low. My back really hurt.

I found a small stool at Target with a seat the same color blue as our color scheme and hoped it would do the trick.

This morning I used it as I cleaned up after breakfast at Bass Lake and I was quite comfortable.

It isn't too large as to look out of place and I am very happy with it. It was only about $14.

Hope this helps some tall dish-doers.
Maxine
Old 09-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Maxine

Default Stool height

I would say the stool is about 24" tall.
Thanks for asking about the AC. This time we found a site with a lot more shade and the temperature was in the 90's instead of the 100's, so the AC did the job OK. I still plan to cut some foil for certain times of the day when the heat comes through the door window as someone suggested.
We have a pretty good system going with the closing of the TM, but, we did forget to take care of the steps beforehand, so we had to open up again. We will get it down real soon.
Maxine
Old 09-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
hal

You may be amazed at how much good the miracle fan will do in cooling your trailer. Turn it on, wide open and then open a window or two on the shady side of the trailer.

Also, I have created a collapseable screen door for leaving the top half of the door open for fresh air. You can contact me about the plans. Having the top section of the door open also makes a great difference.

Hal
Old 09-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
hal

Many people are disappointed with the heighth of the sink. For us "older" folks, it can be a pain in the back, neck and elsewhere. I would think being that the TrailManor uses cantilevers to raise and lower huge roof sections that it should be possible to use the same or similar technique to raise the sink up to a tolerable level.

Hal
Old 09-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

We had a popup years ago that the counters, including the sink, folded over like that -- we could see back over it while towing. The kitchen faucet is the problem and finding a way for it to retract or otherwise move out of the way for folding would work as well.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Maxine

Hi Hal,
Yes, we would very much like to learn about your top door screen.
Thank you,
Maxine
Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Lots of interest here, Hal. There have been other sketches posted of multiple-strip-style screen doors. Is yours similar?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
hal

Our screen door is not the strip type. It has a frame that is quickly dismantled and rolled up for storage. The screen material is then rolled around the bundle and all can be stored in a 4" mailing tube. We have been using ours for four or five years. There are others who have made one for their trailer. Our group made them at one of our camp outs. Because there has been several upgrades built, I need to charge $7.00 (includes mailing) for the six page set of plans. The plans take you step by step in constructing this door and include numerous illustrations. This door has several features that are unique and make its use to be efficient in keeping bugs out and our cat in. I can easily send a picture of it to anyone who asks.

Hal
[email protected]