TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default Prospective owner from Virginia Beach

Hello all. Very happy to find an active user site for the Trailmanor. Some quick first questions:

1. The shower does not look like you can get the walls wet. Is that correct? If yes, have any of your found a way to convert it to a true standup shower (adding walls)? Can Trailmanor do that?

2. Do they have other fabric selections?

3. Has the very small refrigerator been an issue for you?

4. I do not see any ventilation from the kitchen, how do you handle that?

That's all for now, and thank you!!
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Shower modifications solve the wet wall question use the search function for the answer
Fabrics change every few years but no selection on ordering
The frig is adequate as we supplement with a cooler, family size and need dictates size needed
My cooking area has a exhaust fan.

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
Hello all. Very happy to find an active user site for the Trailmanor. Some quick first questions:

1. The shower does not look like you can get the walls wet. Is that correct? If yes, have any of your found a way to convert it to a true standup shower (adding walls)? Can Trailmanor do that?

2. Do they have other fabric selections?

3. Has the very small refrigerator been an issue for you?

4. I do not see any ventilation from the kitchen, how do you handle that?

That's all for now, and thank you!!
1. My 2 piece shower curtain surrounds the TM folding bathroom walls and does an adequte job of keeping water in place.

2. Through the years the fabrics were changed and updated to more modern material. They seem to like blue and tan quite a bit. Some owners have been able to change out their own fabrics. That would entail sofas, chairs, window valances, bedding covers, etc. Gets expensive to have it professionally done.

3. To know a TM refrigerator is to know how limited it can be. Takes a few hours to cool down after starting it, everytime you open the door to remove or replace an item, you letting heat in which then starts the process of evaporation over again. We travel with an ice chest for the first couple of days and then rely on the refrigerator from then on.

4. In my unit, I have a Fantastic brand exhaust fan mounted in the roof slightly above the stove top. Works well.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Funpilot and welcome to the TM forum.

The fabrics do differ in model years, so depending what era or year of TM you purchase the fabrics will change.

If you will use the Search tab at the top of the page and type in "Shower Mod", many owners have done some amazing things with their showers to make them more user friendly.

The fridge is adequate for one week of food for two people. Like Rvcycleguy said, you will want to use an ice chest for drinks and to supplement longer stays or more campers.

I think most models have the Fantastic fan in them, which works fantastic.

Good luck in your search

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

"convert to a true stand-up shower".

It is a stand-up shower. The walls are collapsible, so they have to be set up to shower, and use the toilet. The walls enclose the bathroom, and there is a shower curtain to keep water off the walls.

It just seems like you may not have seen the shower set up. My impression was that you believe there is no top-half to the shower/bathroom area, like some popups. That is not the case. It is enclosed.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Fridge size:
The fridge is smaller then a house hold fridge, larger then most PUP's, smaller then most TT. But all campers have small fridges. It takes some adjusting to it. But once you adjust to the size and take smaller bottles of things. It not that bad. We also take a cooler with out drinks and as our trip progresses we move our stuff out of the cooler to the fridge.

We're headed out today for 10 days. It's just the two of us. Fridge still has room, plus we are bringing mid size cooler with frozen water bottles and pop and ice. We should not need to buy any food on the trip. Longer trips we plan to stop and re-supply our food.

Kitchen ventilation:
Our TM has a window to the right of the stove and the door with a window to the left, and slightly to left above the stove there is a ceiling vent with a with a 4 or 5 speed fan. On the sink side there is a large window to the right and a vent in the center of the camper ceiling that is inline with the sink. Some models have an additional vet above the sink. We never thought about ventilation, so it must not be an issue for us. But on the other hand, like many trailer owners, we do a lot of cooking outside. It just feels like camping to cook outside.

Sink Size:
One of the big pluses for the TM kitchen is the large sink. We have had 2 TT (24 & 31) and 2 pup's and this is the largest sink we ever had. Joyce love it!
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Ok, am getting more interested. I have just seen the announcement for their new Silvertrail....the color scheme is much more to my taste especially the leather look. Wonder if there is a thread on this yet?
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
moaboy

I love VB, especially Sandbridge. Maggie and her family who run the RV resort there are wonderful.

On your questions, the frig actually holds more than it looks like it would hold. Not saying it is large, but after loading it my wife always says, "can't believe all that fit in there." We do back it up with an optional refrig/freezer- see my tag below.
The standard shower curtains actually work well. I've never had a problem as long as I am somewhat attentive to their placement while showering - I've left bigger puddles in regular showers. I do highly recommend the oxygenics shower head- very effective at increasing air thus the feel of the water out put.
Most models have several vents, powered and otherwise.

Lastly, would encourage you to join this forum if u r serious about getting a TM. Tons of info here.
Best of luck,