TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
amcbride828

Default Crickets - how quiet is a TrailManor

Hey there, I'm interested in the TM, since it's the biggest trailer I can fit in my garage and I love the ease of towing. My question is:

I'm a VERY light sleeper, how quiet is a TM, I especially HATE crickets!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
webfoot

I actually like the sounds of nature.. crickets, birds, water.

The sound I don't like is loud campground neighbors who are sharing their music. My family has a popup currently and I'm hoping TM construction is quieter then tenting, with the help of white noise from a fan or AC.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I do not think you will hear crickets. I never have heard them in the TM. I have heard what sounded like an enormous train barreling down on us. One day I will pay for google earth just to look for railroad tracks next to campgrounds. To me it is unnerving for be awaken about 2:30 am by a train "headed straight for us".

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
foxhaven0

No problem with crickets. With the AC on it makes a great white noise machine.

We found a campground in Tye, TX that was next to the RR and under the flight path of the airport. Plus the wind blew incessantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I do not think you will hear crickets. I never have heard them in the TM. I have heard what sounded like an enormous train barreling down on us. One day I will pay for google earth just to look for railroad tracks next to campgrounds. To me it is unnerving for be awaken about 2:30 am by a train "headed straight for us".
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Much quieter than a pop up, much quieter than a tent. I find that because of the extra physical activity involved in getting to and setting up in a campground I usually sleep pretty well. Cutting down a tree or two and chopping logs does wonders!
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
The free version should so the tracks if you zoom in enough. Figured there was a pay for it version but figured realtors would be the prime users.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcbride828 View Post
Hey there, I'm interested in the TM, since it's the biggest trailer I can fit in my garage and I love the ease of towing. My question is:

I'm a VERY light sleeper, how quiet is a TM, I especially HATE crickets!
We have cicadas down our way. Locust like shedding its exo-skeleton. Now, when they hit your neighborhood, it's noisy... It will block out even a train.

Sounds like you need to invest in white noise machine while camping in any type of RV unless you're in luxury vehicles. Camping, it's an outdoor activity.

We don't hear much outside noise in our TM. We run the AC, or just the fan mode while sleeping.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Don't worry about the crickets-the pitter patter of rain drops will drown them out.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Five years ago, my wife and I took our annual fall photo camping trip to the San Juans in Southwest Colorado. Since we had a pop-up we researched on line for a campground at a lower altitude so we could avoid freezing our water system. We camped at a former KOA in Delta Colorado, but did not know our site was literally within a 100ft of a train track. We also did not realize that the nearby coal mines in Somerset had 100 car trains going full and coming empty every 40 minutes. Silverware would literally jump around on the table when the trains went by. Did not get much sleep for sure, even with ear plugs. The upside was we were out really early everyday and got some great photos. So, crickets would not be too much of an issue for us!
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Logman

I was camping in Ricketts Glen, PA a few weeks ago and after a very long day of hiking to see the incredible waterfalls I came back to the TrailManor exhausted. That night the wind blew and leaves and rain came down and i was snug as bug.THe furnace kicked on and I was so happpy to hear it. This was my first wknd camping in my TM when I needed heat. After a lifetime of tent and popup camping the sounds I heard from my cozy bed in the TM were delightful. Logman
2007 Chevy Silverado/w cap
Logman is offline   Reply With Quote