TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default How big is interior from end to end? "Box length"

When you see the total length closed measurement in the specs, how much of that is the exterior bumper and the front tongue area? If you subtract those you should get the actual box length. Now that will also include any storage area under the bed. I am trying to figure out how much actual interior floor space there is compared to my current pop up.

Anyone know those measurements or where I can get them online?

I live 2 hours away from the dealer so it's a big deal to go check it out. I am hoping to get to another show in 2 weeks.

Right now I am thinking about the brand new 2417. My dealer just got one in and from the pictures online it looks kind of tight with the bathroom. I would probably not get the bath and go for more countertop and storage.

I have been very happy with my current pop up (rockwood 1940) but would like easier set up of the trailmanor.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
MisterP

I can't answer your question directly, but have a couple of my own for you.

The box contains cabinets, shower pan, and other spaces that are not "liveable" areas. What space are you trying to define?

The bed(s) or couch areas add liveable space, which is greater than the area of the closed trailer. Is this area you are considering?

Are you simply looking for square feet of floor space? If so, it ignores the areas I have mentioned.

You should be able to estimate some of the dimensions by looking at the floor plans on the factory site. The rest seems a bit subjective IMO.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Don't count out the bathroom on a rainy day or cold morning when the coffe is just brewing. For me it's all about a certain level of comfort
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Not quite sure what you are looking for, so I will just throw out the measurements of my TM.

2006 TM 2720SL Interior measurments

Max floor length from door of underbed cabinet to base of couch
14 ft 6 in

Max interior length from inside of front window to inside of rear window
23 ft 4 in

Max width between walls of front shell
7 ft 4 in

Hope this helps

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
I can't answer your question directly, but have a couple of my own for you.

The box contains cabinets, shower pan, and other spaces that are not "liveable" areas. What space are you trying to define?

The bed(s) or couch areas add liveable space, which is greater than the area of the closed trailer. Is this area you are considering?

Are you simply looking for square feet of floor space? If so, it ignores the areas I have mentioned.

You should be able to estimate some of the dimensions by looking at the floor plans on the factory site. The rest seems a bit subjective IMO.

I am trying to figure out if you ran a measuring tape down the center of the trailmanor (on the floor) from rear bed to front bed, what is that distance. I am trying to compare how much counter space in TM vs my pop up, and about how much length of that floor space is taken up by the bath in the 2417.

I know 99% of you think I am nuts to not want the bath but unless I can buy a 2720 or longer then the amount of counter and storage is not sufficient for how I like to camp. But while the bath would be nice, I use a bucket at night and on rainy days, so I could still do that with the 2417 and not give up counter space.

The pictures I saw show the stove with very little counter around it. Well I cook a lot in my camper and want some counter space near my stove.

Guess I will only really know when I see it in person.

Obviously we all camp differently. Another thing I will not get is the air conditioner. I know most people would think I'm nuts but that's okay. I have no electricity so would not run it anyway.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Not quite sure what you are looking for, so I will just throw out the measurements of my TM.

2006 TM 2720SL Interior measurments

Max floor length from door of underbed cabinet to base of couch
14 ft 6 in

Bill

Thanks Bill. This does help.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 04-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I've got the 2417 SPORT, so it is 6" narrower than the new 2417 Standard model. Mine is under its cover at the moment, so I can only give you my best-recollection of dimensions.

My center aisle is about 22 - 24" wide. It is wider at the dinette than by my bathroom wall. I don't know if the drawers they would put in there in place of the shower would be the same outer dimensions, or not. If you get the Standard model, your center aisle would be more in the range of 28" - 30" wide, I believe. It is the same width of the rest of the TM line.

The floor length from the back wall to the front wall is about 10'.

Keep in mind that they have redesigned the 2417 since I got mine. The stove and sink have been moved around, as has the bathroom. The dinette is now in the front of the unit, not the back. I like this arrangement better, but it has its tradeoffs. Where they now have the shower, and where you would have your extra drawers, is next to the stove. So, you would have 3' of "counter top" to the left of the stove (don't know if they will put the counter surface on it, or a wood surface), and about 18" to the right of the stove. Further right is the dinette. If you have the dinette table set up, you will have more surface to do your prep on.

Behind you, as you stand at the stove, is the sink. It has about 3' of counter space to its right, if you are standing at the sink.

You mentioned you had a popup. So did we. Much prefer the TM, even though we have one of the smallest models. Tows much like the popup (weighs about 1,000 lbs more, though), but we have more water on-board, a heater that keeps it warm, and more comfort, overall. Get all the windows you can, as it makes a big difference.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Laura FM

I have a 2417. Sorry I cannot measure it for you, but it feels bigger than our 10 foot pup and smaller than our 14ft highwall pup.

We opted to not have a toilet. I did like having it in the 14ft pup, but I wanted to simplify. Our first trip out we went to our favorite primitive CG - which means walking on rough roads to the pit toilets (which had recently been replaced and still had their new 'pit toilet' smell)I think it was a good test of my resolve, and I was fine with not having it.

I did not like the 2417 with the toilet. It really dominates the trailer. We wanted simple,and without it we have a very open and airy space. Set up is a breeze and we have so much storage. I love it.

In a parallel universe we would be 3 days into a three week trip to southern utah, but family illness forced us to cancel,so sadly we have not used it as much as I hoped, but in a couple of months we will make up for lost time.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura FM View Post
I have a 2417. Sorry I cannot measure it for you, but it feels bigger than our 10 foot pup and smaller than our 14ft highwall pup.

We opted to not have a toilet. I did like having it in the 14ft pup, but I wanted to simplify. Our first trip out we went to our favorite primitive CG - which means walking on rough roads to the pit toilets (which had recently been replaced and still had their new 'pit toilet' smell)I think it was a good test of my resolve, and I was fine with not having it.

I did not like the 2417 with the toilet. It really dominates the trailer. We wanted simple,and without it we have a very open and airy space. Set up is a breeze and we have so much storage. I love it.
e.
Thanks Laura. This is just the kind of info I wanted. Glad to hear I am not the only one who feels that way about the toilet, especially on the 2417 model.

So without the toilet, did they give you drawers or cabinet or combo?

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
Laura FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post

So without the toilet, did they give you drawers or cabinet or combo?
Cabinets - it is big, with two doors, and shelf that divides the space in two. The counter top matches the other counters on the other side and is low. It is pretty deep.

We still have the light/vent above it. I wondered if that would be included or removed.

Our kids are in college and rarely will be with us. We were thinking we might use the smaller bed as a day bed/couch thing, but that cupboard over the bed is sort of in the way, so they took it out (we got it without radio or tv so do not need the speakers in that cupboard)

We got the two extra windows,one for each bed and a fantastic fan.