TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
PhillyNewbie

Default Too tall for Trailmanor?

My husband and I have been researching various trailers and gone to several RV shows, but I have never seen a TrailManor in person. My husband has dismissed the TrailManor (even though I think it would be perfect for our needs) because he is 6'3" and our son (still growing) is 6". He believes he is just too tall to fit comfortably in the TrailManor, particularly in the bathroom. Has anyone had experience with 6'3"-6'5" people in the TrailManor and where they comfortable? I am interested primarily in the 3124 Series. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Scott O

No issues at 6'3". If you are serious, your best course of action would be to actually examine one. Our opinions here may or may not help you at all!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I'm 6'3" also and am completely comfortable as well. Even the bed is long enough. But like Scott said, go check one out for yourselves!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

I just took a tape measure. Standing at the fridge--bare floor to ceiling--exactly 6' 5", this is the front half of the TM. Standing at the stove (in the rear half)--bare floor to ceiling--exactly 6' 3".

Bathroom door entrance, floor to header--5' 7"--so bow to the throne! At 6' 1", I have to keep my knees bent in the shower, typical in smaller RV's. Shower floor to ceiling is exactly 5' 10-1/2", if anybody taller than that can stand up straight in the shower, I'd like to know the trick!

wayne

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

According to the Trail Manor web site, there is a dealer in Hanover, PA (Camping World), more or less 2 hours from you. It might be worth making a day of it (not in today's snowstorm!), but call first to see what they have in stock. Even if they don't have a 3124, I think the interior height of all the folding models is the same.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
ChillEDog

I am six three and lets just say NOT skinny, just bought a 2619, made a point to step in bathroom and shut the door, fit ok, maybe a little stooped but i was impressed overall. Have not actually been camping yet...

Question to owners - there is a raised section in shower, like a seat, is that for sitting?
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillEDog View Post
I am six three and lets just say NOT skinny, just bought a 2619, made a point to step in bathroom and shut the door, fit ok, maybe a little stooped but i was impressed overall. Have not actually been camping yet...

Question to owners - there is a raised section in shower, like a seat, is that for sitting?
You could sit on it, I suppose, but the real reason for it is to make room for the converter/fuse panel, which you can access outside the bathroom on that wall in the hallway. Touch the top of the panel to open the fuse box, and the converter lives below there.

As to height issues...I'm 5'9", so I have no sympathy for those who are taller!! But, for a point of reference, there are more than a few people who have been able to successfully remove the header over the door of the bathroom to make more clearance, without undue negative effect. Just an FYI
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillEDog View Post
I always thought that was a seat to make the tub into a jacuzzi hot tub....that's why the walls around the tub are high.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
JoePK

Default Bathroom

As for the bar going over the bathroom door, many of us has cut that off with no adverse effect. You can find some posts about it under search. Us boys are over six feet and got sick of hitting it. Here's the thread I found before I did mine: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...=bathroom+door
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
brulaz

I think you will find that the vast majority of travel trailers out there have 6'5" ceilings.

So the Trailmanor is pretty typical.

There are a few upright travel trailers with higher ceilings, close to 7' at least in the centre as they are vaulted. We've been in one, and they do give you a greater sense of spaciousness. But the folding Trailmanors also feel very spacious simply because they have fewer cabinets at eye-level and lots of windows.

It's a personal thing and like everybody else, I say go visit one.