TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #21
Willyb

Hi there "The Pair"; I recently joined this forum and have been looking for a 26 or 27' TM since last fall. My wife nor I have any experience camping, but have decided now that we are semi-retired we are going to give it a go. My camping experience consists of pinning two blankets together and camping on the ground down in the valley on our farm as a kid. My question to you is specific to your Sienna (have the same); is the hitch that you use (recommend) straight, dropped, or other. I have been searching the archives, but have come up blank. Hope I am doing this posting thing properly. Thnx
Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyb View Post
Hi there "The Pair"; I recently joined this forum and have been looking for a 26 or 27' TM since last fall. My wife nor I have any experience camping, but have decided now that we are semi-retired we are going to give it a go. My camping experience consists of pinning two blankets together and camping on the ground down in the valley on our farm as a kid. My question to you is specific to your Sienna (have the same); is the hitch that you use (recommend) straight, dropped, or other. I have been searching the archives, but have come up blank. Hope I am doing this posting thing properly. Thnx
The best hitch for my model year when I researched it was the Curt Class III hitch. I went to etrailer.com to figure out the proper model for my van. Round tube, fits great, and there's a little curve/bend to it that gives it maximal clearance when installed. I then chose a WDH system that had straight bars (trunnion style) over the round bars, because there's more ground clearance (see a trend here? ) I've posted the exact model in the past, somewhere on the boards, can probably find it if you can't. I set the WDH drawbar/ball to its highest (tallest) setting, and started from there -- iirc, that worked fine. The rest was just fine-tuning the setup, which anyone would have to do.

That help?
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
Willyb

Default big thanks

thank you for your time and your informative reply. i haven't bought the trailer yet, but it's just a matter of time. Hope you have a good year camping.