TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
JudyGutierrez

Default Welcome to your TM

Hi, we also are new owners of a TrailManor....we just took it out for a two day trip to Doran Beach campground (near Bodega Bay in Northern CA)...had a great time. We are still trying to figure out little bits and pieces of her but all in all it has been great. I tried sleeping on the couch bed this trip to see if it was more comfortable, my back starts killing me on the king bed, plus it is pretty cold in there....the couch is pretty comfy...next I might try the double bed above the couches....I like to try all options until I am sure what works! We took our 5 year old granddaughter with us this trip and she was amazed at the TM and loved everything about it...also the people camping next to us were pretty impressed when we folded her down - they had never seen anything like it. Hope you will enjoy your new "home" away from home!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyGutierrez View Post
I tried sleeping on the couch bed this trip to see if it was more comfortable, my back starts killing me on the king bed,
Try a 1 or 2" mattress topper on the bed. TM has a very firm mattress and the topper helps a lot. However, you will have to take it off when you fold up the TM.

Congrats on your TM..

Keith
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Pitbull

Welcome!

The little women and I are also new to the TM with 4 trips so far. You will love the TM!

Check out;

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12508

For Mods;

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=22

Koz
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
JudyGutierrez

Thanks Keith,
We have been considering the topper..just hate to add one more thing to take off...but I am sure it is worth it!
Judy
Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

We have a 1" memory foam topper, and we can close the shell with it on the bed, along with the bed made up with sheets and a thin thermal blanket. I think YMMV on this -- for some, it works; for others, it doesn't.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
JudyGutierrez

Dave, when we first got the TM we were having trouble closing it....we only had sheets on and a thin blanket on the bed...had a heck of a time closing the tm.....tried with the curtains left up and with curtains off....the only thing that made it easy to close was if ABSOLUTELY NOTHING were on the beds....I am trying to think of what YMMV might mean....Your motor motor vehicle? Your Many Mighty Vein (attempt at closing TM)...Yes Me Might Value (my TM but it drives me crazy?)....I give up :-)
Judy
Old 02-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We use the TM mattress as a topper for the one in the Outback. Its nice and soft.

In the TM we use LL Bean 4 inch self inflating futons, higher then the TM mattress, sheets and two blankets it closes with no problem.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyGutierrez View Post
Dave, when we first got the TM we were having trouble closing it....we only had sheets on and a thin blanket on the bed...had a heck of a time closing the tm.....tried with the curtains left up and with curtains off....the only thing that made it easy to close was if ABSOLUTELY NOTHING were on the beds....I am trying to think of what YMMV might mean....Your motor motor vehicle? Your Many Mighty Vein (attempt at closing TM)...Yes Me Might Value (my TM but it drives me crazy?)....I give up :-)
Judy
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary.

Every TM is slightly different, so what works for me may not work for you. You could probably adjust the shells to accommodate a topper, but I wouldn't mess with it. Too much potential for bad things to happen, but perhaps others here have had good success with doing it. But with nothing on the bed, or even a sheet or two, it should not be that hard to close.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
irenepl

We went one step beyond. I found a sleep number bed for $40 on craigslist and since we were accustom to the one at home we wanted one in the TM. It is taller that the standard mattress but seems to close just fine. I do deflate the mattresses and use the voids to store the TV and folded blankets.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #20
PopBeavers

My wife can open and close our 2720. Our daughter (31) can open it but can not close it. Apparently, for the current tension of the suspension system, 140 pounds of body weight is not enough to bounce it closed.

Someone around here in the past has described how they use some sort of pulley system to close the shells.