TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
PopBeavers

I think I can carry all that in my truck. A crew cab will carry 6 people and I think that stuff will fit in the 8 foot bed.

I have the TM axle loaded at about 120 pounds below the listed limit. So most of my stuff has to go in the truck anyway.

We frequently DO take two trucks. Both trucks are pulling trailers and both beds are spilling over. All of our stuff will not it in one truck. Our typical trip is 150 miles each way.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
Jdr999

Hi Guys,

We finally have power & internet restored here in NJ -- we had one heck of a storm! I actually had a generator but since there was no power on Comcast's end we had no cable or internet.. Bummer!

Thanks for the all the responses! I'm actually surprised by how many chimed in -- awesome!

My TV is a 2005 v10 Excursion if I forgot to mention that before. The boat currently rides on the roof of the Excursion and my weber Q-120 rides inside the trailer.

I'm disappointed to hear that the TM doesn't have a large storage trunk like my old popup or hybrid. That was (and is) a godsend!

I installed a ceiling rod rack inside my hybrid's storage trunk to safely hold 8 rods & reels. Does anyone have any creative ideas for rod storage in a 2270?

Is the a dedicated wardrobe for both beds and a kitchen pantry for food? Or are most still using duffel bags for clothes like in my popup days?

Does anyone have any pictures of the closed TM's interior to see how much floor space is available for odds and ends?

Oh, and one of the most important issues I've skipped. How much cargo capacity is there in a 2720 after water, propane, appliances, etc? Do most tow with full tanks or are many at their weight limit?

Thanks again all,
Joe
Old 11-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The boat, motor, and bikes are your biggest challenge. I don't think that you will get these inside the TM, on top, or on the rear bumper. These really belong in/on the tow vehicle. The grill is next on the list. You may be able to carry it in the TM, but it would be better not to do so, considering all the other stuff you want to carry.

The fact that you have an Excursion will probably be your saving grace. I say probably because many of these big vehicles - Excursion, Suburban, Yukon, Aviator, etc - are available in lightweight models that really aren't adequate for your task. But if you have a V-10, you probably don't have one of these.

As I mentioned, all of the stuff above can probably be carried in or on the tow vehicle. That will leave a more reasonable list for the TM - and you still have a pretty hefty list. You need to realize that there isn't a lot of floor space in the TM when it is folded down into the towing configuration. The hallway in front of the rear bed is consumed by the wardrobe. The space between the oven and refrig is open, and there is some floor space forward of that. A cooler, maybe the grill, and a couple boxes of overflow stuff will consume that. You can't load anything tall, of course, becuase the roof comes down so low. And even if there were more space, you will find that you will easily bump up against the weight limit for the TM, and need to pare weight. For example, most folks travel with no water in the tanks, and fill up at the destination. Or carry 7-gallon jugs of water in the tow vehicle.

You really need to see one. And you should use the search tool on the term "weight". You will find lots of discussion.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdr999 View Post
Does anyone have any creative ideas for rod storage in a 2270?

Thanks again all,
Joe
We lay the rods on the couch and they ride fine.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
You really need to see one.
Bill
If you happen to be in the D.C. area sometime, I would be happy to show you my 2720SL, which is similar in storage space to the 2720 when folded up.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
PopBeavers

Several years back I loaded my 2720 with everything I could think of. There was a CAT scale on the way and I wanted o weight it in the worst case scenario.

From what I can remember I had:
40 gallons fresh water
6 gallon water heater
3 gallons or so in the toilet
pots pans etc.
close full of clothes
6 camping chairs
one free standing 12 foot awning
3 outdoor tables
fridge full of beverages
2 cases of bottled water in the shower

And a bunch of other stuff that I just do not recall. There was no space left.

It weighed 3780 on the single axle. I did not weigh the tongue. Most people claim 400 to 600 or the tongue weight. So that makes my TM weigh in at about 4180 to 4380.

Good thing I have a truck to carry the rest of the stuff I take.

I do not travel light.