TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
We have a 1997 2720, and I think that it is very well built. We have had very few issues with the trailer body and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another well-kept and maintained older TM. It's solid, we've had it for 7+ years, and we've only had two very minor leak problems that were easily corrected.

The only thing that has failed was a side A/C unit and we took it out and put in a microwave. I don't really miss the A/C unit as we don't camp that often where it's needed.

It seems to me that (1) either there are not that many older TM owners on the board, or (2) the newer units have more issues than the older units.

All of our appliances still work great, they may have their quirks, but they all work just fine when you figure out how to make them work.

JMHO, plus we've put a lot of work into maintaining our TM.
I agree........we loved our '98 2720 and it had no issues. We just wanted and SL model because the forward bunk wasn't being used. Had a good deal come up locally on an earlier SL model, we may have grabbed it. The wood frame does not intimidate me at all, as long as it was a California camper.

I love this floor-plan.

However, as far as the best all-around investment is concerned, I think that 2005-2008 may be the best buys (considering one finds a good deal on a well maintained TM).