TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
I'm aware that they make trailer hitch extensions, but I can't get past thinking about how they'd leverage (literally) all of our towing problems in the worst way. I think we want a 4200# trailer with a 600# tongue to hang on a hitch ball as close to the rear axle as possible, not stuck out further with a load hanging there to boot. (If anybody out there's ever actually tried this, please share your experiences with us, because we always enjoy good adventure stories).

The 2 truck solution has a lot of promise. But to scale this up properly maybe what you really need is a proper 5 ton box truck for a tow vehicle. Or, even better, get one of those flat bed tow trucks, set the TrailManor up there so that the shells will have room to open and close, and then you'd be able to tow a big toy hauling trailer behind ("Watch out for that last step to the ground, Honey, it's a long one!").
I have reached the same conclusion you did regarding the hitch extensions. I would also like to hear stories of experience. The cost is too high to just spend the money to try it out to see if it works.

For my current needs/wants/desires I can get by with a pair of 3/4 ton crew cab trucks. One has the 8 foot bed but the other one only has a 6.5 foot bed. With 5 adults that is enough. Now if we ever have grand children then I might need to modify this.