TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
chopslot

Default About to make a purchase, advice needed

I would like to come out of the lurker shadows and thank you all for your passion and insights! I have followed this forum for a while now and have read and re-read several of your posts and have gained a great deal of knowledge/excitemt for trailmanor
I would sure appreciate any opinions/insights/reality-checks from you all regarding a potetial purchase I am about to make:

1. I just put a $500 deposit down on a 2005 3124kb $12,800
2. I have printed off the pre-purchase checklist (from this forum) and will spend a day doing the once over. By the way this was an EXCELLENT resource!
3. I plan to tow this with a 2008 v-6 toyota 4runner. I am an avid backpacker so I am familiar with light weight products/accessories to stock the trailer with and still keep the weight to a minimum. My load capacity per toyota is 5,0000 lbs, so I should be close with the dry weight of 3,090.

My questions are
1. How good of a deal is $12,800 for the 2005 3124 kb, assuming it is in excellent condition?
2. Am I ok from a tow/weight perspective witht the 4runnner?
3 Should I use sway bars, or something to this effect?
4. I will be traveling to a different state to make this purchase. Any advice on how I should go about getting a loan in one state and making the purchase in another. note: the $500. deposit is contingent that the trailer is in excellent condition. I haven't actually seen the trailer yet, just photos. I won't know if I will actually purchase the trailer until I see/inspect it. Because of the distance I will be traveling, I would like to purchase and bring home the trailer in a single trip if it all checks out. I have excellent credit, so I'm not concerned with qualifying, it's just the logistics that have me confused. I'm sure after speaking with the credit union tomorrow morning I will have an answer.
5. Any advice regarding out of state purchases?
6. Any thing else I should consider, might be overlooking?
Thanks in advance for your response