TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #21
moaboy

We've been through some heavy down pours and only one minor leak where a front marker light is attached. Nothing a little silicone did not fix. No design issue that causes leaks. Moreover, even when setting up or taking down in the rain, TM stays dry.
On levelers, the dealer where I purchased my TM mounted leveler bubbles on front and side. They do this for any TM they sell as well as a few other courtesies. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
bigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Done.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #23
clan_salmons

We spent a day in Luray Va waiting out a major storm front. Normally I like the sound of rain on our TM, but this time it roared. My wife and I had to shout at each other to be heard. I have a decibel app on my Ipad and it was consistently registering upper 80s for well over an hour. We had a dribble of water from around one of our vents. Recaulked the vent when we got home and have been fine ever since.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Not trying to one-up you, Clan, but the hailstorm we had in South Dakota last year was horrible! It was midnight, and we were long asleep. The hail started suddenly, and the cat want ballistic. He was running all around the TM, scared to death. I had to catch him in mid-leap, so I could calm him down. After the hail stopped, he slept between us the rest of the night. Wish I had a dB meter with me! I will look for one for my Android.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
pschwaibold

Default Tm 2417

I had may initial problems with my brand new purchase of a KS Sport. It was very frustrating without having a dealer in VA to do the warranty work. Check who can do the work in your area. I recommend taking your time and looking at the craftsmanship and reading/understanding the manuals. It is a lot of equipment in a small package.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
clan_salmons

Where in VA? I know Snyders in Salem sells TM and they have a location in Virginia Beach. That's all I know of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #27
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

The leaks I have read on this form, Has been leaks around the vents, AC unit, TV antenna, windows, along the edge of the roof where it is caulked and a few center (fwd/aft) seams. These are common areas for leaks with just about any brand of camper. I think as with most campers you have to do some maintenance. I have not had a leak on my 12 yr old camper. But when inspecting my camper in late spring. I saw some cracking around the one vent, so I re-caulked both vents. I believe I was replacing 12 year old caulking.

As skip said. Where the camper meets there are 2 seals. Very large bag seals that are about 1-2 inches high. One on each selection, making it almost impossible for water to get past the first seal and up and over the the second seals. I don't think I have read of anyone that had a leaks at these seals. But as with anything, I'm sure someone has had an issue.

Putting up the camper in rain. The front shell when up has about a 4 foot overlap when raised over the bottom shell when it's down. Plus the bottom shell at the front has that 1-2 inch bag seal to stop any water that might flow forward. So the rain would need to be really blowing up and under the front at 40+ mph to get past the lower roof when the front is up and the back is down. I would not try to rise the roof in 40+ mph rain. Just as any camper I have owned; I will sit it out if its a downpour before I get out of the TV to setup any camper.

The only thing that I could see that could happen if the rain was blowing under the front when it was up and the rear was down. Maybe some rain could get on the either of the rear walls of front section side walls. This may require you quick wipe down down the the wall above the stove and sink when you were completed. But I have not experienced this any of the times I have set up in the rain.

So I think what your hear is mainly from other camper sales people trying instill fear. Yes, a few people have had issues with leaks with new campers, but every camper brand out there a few people have had issues with leaks with a new camper. But it's not the norm.

PS: I have had leaks on all 4 of my none trailmanor campers in the in the common areas. To date I have not had a leak on the TM.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #28
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschwaibold View Post
I had may initial problems with my brand new purchase of a KS Sport. It was very frustrating without having a dealer in VA to do the warranty work. Check who can do the work in your area. I recommend taking your time and looking at the craftsmanship and reading/understanding the manuals. It is a lot of equipment in a small package.

if it's just general stuff. I would check with the factory if you can take it to a none TM service center.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote