TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
P and B

Default Problems with Parts Department

I've been trying to contact the parts department at TM for two days. I've left 3 or 4 messages with no return calls. Has anyone else had problems getting their attention?

Phil
Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Joseph

Default Got the part . . .

The last time I ordered a part I used the parts message link that was on their website and followed up a week later with an email to [email protected] Adam told me to email him directly as he is often not at his desk to answer the phone. Two weeks later the part was dropped off at my door. I never did receive notification of shipment or any type of heads up. In the past I have gotten an email from Adam letting me know the part ordered was on the way. I did not bother to call this time to check as the part was not expensive and could be purchased from other places if needed. This was my third parts purchase from TrailManor and I must say that it does seem to take a bit of encouragement to get parts sometimes. I have decided that if the next part I need is not TrailManor specific I will order it from someplace else. Perhaps this is TM's way of getting us to get the parts from the dealer? Try an email to Adam. Good Luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
Kentwesley

I sent an e-mail to their parts department about two days ago...no reply. Maybe I'll try sending a note to Adam directly.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

As someone who has to answer the phone a lot at work, I appreciate email messages with specific requests and instructions rather than phone messages. I've been so busy lately that I have had to have all of my phone calls directed into my message system so that I can get my job done. I just don't have time to chat with people right now.

Email gives me a quick and easy way to reply to people without having to try to call them, over and over again, with no answering machine, kids answering the phone, or receiving a fax tone, etc. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have email, you're in the stone age along with the Flintstones. Email gets my first response during the workday.

I'd email Adam directly and try to tell him what it is that you want. I've always found him to be very responsive to my emails, unless he's on vacation (we all need those) (and I need one very badly, I guess you can tell).
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
P and B

I received a call from Adam today who left me a message to send him an email, which I promptly did. I had a list of parts that Ed had given me parts #'s for and a couple other items that I didn't. I told him to email with a price and I'd call with a CC#. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. I know they're a small company.

Phil

PS Adam's email address is: [email protected]
Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
As someone who has to answer the phone a lot at work, I appreciate email messages with specific requests and instructions rather than phone messages. I've been so busy lately that I have had to have all of my phone calls directed into my message system so that I can get my job done. I just don't have time to chat with people right now.

Email gives me a quick and easy way to reply to people without having to try to call them, over and over again, with no answering machine, kids answering the phone, or receiving a fax tone, etc. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have email, you're in the stone age along with the Flintstones. Email gets my first response during the workday.

I'd email Adam directly and try to tell him what it is that you want. I've always found him to be very responsive to my emails, unless he's on vacation (we all need those) (and I need one very badly, I guess you can tell).
Isn't it great? Your productivity is 10X what it was 20 Yrs ago.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grill-n-go View Post
Isn't it great? Your productivity is 10X what it was 20 Yrs ago.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy talking to my clients, but some of them are fairly chatty (which I usually like) and I just don't have time right now. Plus, it totally breaks up my concentration when I'm working on something particularly challenging to put down what I'm doing and focus on something else that I haven't looked at in a while.

One of our two administrative ladies came down with a suspected case of MSRA; we won't know if it's really that until tomorrow when the lab results come back. We had to send her home in case of possible contamination (a couple of the people at work are diabetic), and that really hurts when you've got a small office like ours.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy talking to my clients, but some of them are fairly chatty (which I usually like) and I just don't have time right now. Plus, it totally breaks up my concentration when I'm working on something particularly challenging to put down what I'm doing and focus on something else that I haven't looked at in a while.

One of our two administrative ladies came down with a suspected case of MSRA; we won't know if it's really that until tomorrow when the lab results come back. We had to send her home in case of possible contamination (a couple of the people at work are diabetic), and that really hurts when you've got a small office like ours.
I with you 100%, as long as the phone keeps ringing you can't focus on anything that requires more than one minute. At the end of the day:

- You don't know where the day went because phone leaves no paper trail. "Did I say that? no! really?.. what was I thinking?"
- You've got twice the email and phone messages as you started with in the morning.
- ... and the stuff requireing more than one minute of your time is still sitting there, growing hairs.
- How can I get to your messages when I don't get off the phone long enough to listen to them? .. boy do I miss that busy signal.
Remember that, when busy didnt roll over into voice mail?

I work from home when I'm not on the road, and use this forum to keep my sanity after hours... a little work.. a little TM.. etc. It's the only (quiet) time I have to really get my work done and I work part time, about 16 hours a day, the rest of is used to eat and sleep.

So yes, please send me an email and I will give you a complete response that makes sense, and if I get hit by a bus you've got a piece of paper that represents my company's commitment to you the customer.

One thing I know for sure. Most of us are swiming as best we can. Sometimes the current wins out.

Okay, pitty party is over.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
P and B

Here's a quick update on my progress getting TM to fill a parts order. it's now Friday. I think my first contact with them was a phone call last Wednesday. I sent an email with the request on Tuesday. It's now Friday afternoon and I haven't heard a thing. That's a week and some change at this point. Since I doubt they work on the weekend, this will certainly go into next week.

TM, if you're reading this, you should know that you have a problem here. This request shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours- if that.

Phil
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Larry_Loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post
I received a call from Adam today who left me a message to send him an email, which I promptly did. I had a list of parts that Ed had given me parts #'s for and a couple other items that I didn't. I told him to email with a price and I'd call with a CC#. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. I know they're a small company.

Phil

PS Adam's email address is: [email protected]
The last time I ordered any parts from the TM Factory, they did not have credit card charge systems in place. I was told to send them a personal check for my parts. It may be best for you to phone again and ask for the prices of the parts and shipping charge. Then mail them a letter with a list of your desired parts and a check for the total amount. As I recall, there was at least one order in which they could not provide me with the shipping charge during the initial phone conversation. I received a supplemental bill for the shipping when the parts arrived and sent them a second check later.