TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Default Magic 80 toilet issue

Well found out the toilet is not hooked up , I really did not pay too much attention when I first looked at the TM. even if I had known I would have still bought it. I found the power wires to the switch cut off and the valve is at the rear of the toilet yes the dump pull lever is at the rear, and it is mounted on a piece of wood I guess to raise it off the floor more, the toilet was basically just sitting there. I removed the toilet ( picked it straight up ) very light so I guess there is nothing in it. but the gauge shows it is charged. So I turned the wood piece around where the handle faces the front. I am going to open up the switch area / motor/pump etc. I am guessing they had it screwed to the wood.

So if I take the slide valve off the wood and mount it directly to the toilet , is there enough room to get your hands under it to push the holding clips back under the nuts?

Also since it has been off before I took it off, is there a wax ring that needs to be replaced as in home toilet flanges? Plus I dont think the legs o the toilet actually hits the floor with this riser under it.....

Sorry for all the newbie questions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	magic 80 toilet out 004.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	973.6 KB
ID:	12667  
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Default update to the toilet job

I took the unit apart after hosing water down the bowl while it was outside, it ran straight to the ground...duh, no valve. so I then removed the motor it runs great no problems there, took the top of the toilet off, and found a BRAND NEW NEVER USED toilet, the plastic sleeve still on the float level gauge and only cob webs in there.

..So I am going to put it back together after I find a new flange seal and find out how actually which direction the cone needs to face since it has an off set to one side.

sure do have a hard time getting pics to load. will try it again in a min.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	electra magic toilet 2 002.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	12669   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic toilet 2 003.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	12670   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic toilet 2 009.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	12671   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic toilet 2 004.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	12672  
Old 12-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

What an odd setup. I'm sure you can put it right, but it will take you a weekend to do it. A few notes.

1. The float on the gauge is stuck. It is simply a small cylinder of foam - it is visible in the second pic, second set. It is supposed to slide easily up and down on the central twisted strip of metal.

2. It sounds like the PO removed the dump pipe and slide valve from under the trailer. You will need to replace these, and this is probably the biggest task you face.

3. I would bet that the wax ring is either missing or dried out, and you will need to replace it. Note that you can't buy a replacement at a hardware store or big box store. It is a different size, and you need to get it from an RV place.

4. You replace the mounting clips by setting them in place with a pair of needle nose pliers, and then tunking them home with a long screwdriver. Fingers aren't long enough or tough enough.

5. It sounds like you have read the toilet tutorials in the TM Tech Library. Good for you.

6. Many / most of us have removed the vinyl sleeve / skirt entirely. It makes it flush easier.

7. Someone is sure to suggest that you install a cassette toilet at this point. Though I wouldn't do it, you might consider it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
What an odd setup. I'm sure you can put it right, but it will take you a weekend to do it. A few notes.

1. The float on the gauge is stuck. It is simply a small cylinder of foam - it is visible in the second pic, second set. It is supposed to slide easily up and down on the central twisted strip of metal.

2. It sounds like the PO removed the dump pipe and slide valve from under the trailer. You will need to replace these, and this is probably the biggest task you face.

3. I would bet that the wax ring is either missing or dried out, and you will need to replace it. Note that you can't buy a replacement at a hardware store or big box store. It is a different size, and you need to get it from an RV place.

4. You replace the mounting clips by setting them in place with a pair of needle nose pliers, and then tunking them home with a long screwdriver. Fingers aren't long enough or tough enough.

5. It sounds like you have read the toilet tutorials in the TM Tech Library. Good for you.

7: Someone is sure to suggest that you install a cassette toilet at this point. Though I wouldn't do it, you might consider it.

Bill
The dump valve for the black and gray is still there. he had removed the thetford electra magic . The float is not stuck , I have it upside down in that pic, there was a plastic sleeve that was around float assemby as shown here, I removed that plastic sleeve now the tank shows empty.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	electra magic apart 007.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	642.2 KB
ID:	12673   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic apart 005.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	610.9 KB
ID:	12674   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic apart 008.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1,016.2 KB
ID:	12675   Click image for larger version

Name:	electra magic apart 001.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	12676  
Old 12-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #5
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Looks as if when the P O put the valve mounted on wood in place seems like he put some type of caulking or silicone, or is this stuff normal? I started to scrape it off cause it does not look right, once this is done I am thinking only need the rubber flange gasket then pop the toilet back on and wire it up. Sound about right to you guys who have taken theirs off?

and a pic with the valve installed filled with water, chking to see if the valve slowly leaks down, so far so good there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toilet 3 flange inside 003.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	12677   Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet 3 flange inside 008.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	897.1 KB
ID:	12678   Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet 3 flange inside 009.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	12679   Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet 3 flange inside 004.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	12680   Click image for larger version

Name:	magic 80 toilet out 004.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	973.6 KB
ID:	12681  

Old 12-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Put back together, added water connected the wires direct to chk it out and does that thing swish the water around. haha

now just waiting on a flange seal p/n 33364 as no one here has it locally.

little video of it in action, I guess I have the TM Bug already filming a crapper
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	electra magic working toilet pic and video 001.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	12682