TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Dimaggio24

Default AC and eternabond...help

So I am in process of redoing the middle seam with etrnabond but am challenged by how to lay the tape under edge of ac on back shell? Do I have to take the ac off....ugg I hope not. Please advise
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We haven't done this yet, our plan was to just remove the AC cover and not disturb the AC seal.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Dimaggio24

Default Not too much room

So I ended up with undoing the four long screws inside and raising up the bottom of AC about 4 inches. Set on couple of 2x4s so could work under. Will have to make sure seal is good when put back together but want the eterna tape to be placed properly and figure might only get one chance to get it right with as sticky as it is!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
CeeWoo

I discovered last weekend that my 2720sd has been leaking, but I'm not exactly sure where. The wall in the front section (behind refrig to the back edge of the wall-a couple feet) appeared 'bubbled'. so I pushed in slightly and heard the heart sickening crack from dry rot. Then I removed a couple of the screws from around the window, and the area in question has rusted screws. The ones forward of that did not

With that plastic ceiling in the TM, it seems to me that the water could be entering from the center seam (and running above the ceiling to where the damage is) OR possibly from the edge seam above where it contacts the side wall. I'm thinking of using eternabond along the center seam and around the Vents but can it be used on an edge?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Riwright
TrailManor Master

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use Eternabond along a side seam.

The AC unit has a foam seal. I wouldn't use Eternabond for that, you wouldn't be able to get the AC unit out in the future. You can tighten the four bolts to compress the seal, or replace the seal.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac eternabond leak