TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Catawbalea

Default Curtains, to close or not to close

Some posts advise to close the curtains when preparing to 'set down' the TM for travel. We never have. Our thinking was the TM came to us new with the curtains tied back. Therefore we do the same. Wouldn't closing the curtains expose even more fabric to wetness, although ours have never been wet. What do you do? Why?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
commodor47
Site Sponsor

We close our curtains before closing the TM. When the curtains are tied back it applies some drag to the shells as they open and close. We also noticed (on a few of the curtains only) areas where the fabric was starting to wear in response to the slight shell movement while in transit. We've never had a problem with water (or road dirt) getting into the shells when on the road . . . the curtains never got wet.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

I have done both and right now I have reflective material in the windows between the curtain and the glass. I put it in there to lessen the heat while camping but left it in to protect the closed curtains from the sun.
Cheri
Old 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

I was told at the factory to leave them open, I guess one could do whichever seem best to them.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
Catawbalea

The trailer looks 'neater' when the curtains are tied back. But, in the morning when one plans to leave, not opening and tying the curtains would be one less item on the check list. It is really not a bother, though. We tried them closed this time.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
wwjam

The dealer, and Ed at the factory, told me to leave them closed when traveling and it's raining. They both said they would do better at not getting wet while closed.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
coopersmom

Wink

Our dealer also advised us that when the unit is really dirty, to keep the curtains closed. Apparently, they are less likely to brush against the side of the trailer when you go up or down with the roofs. When they are open with the tie backs, we have noticed dust marks on the curtains. They clean off pretty easy, however, we are worried that over the years they will become soiled.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

We tie them back because my DW says so.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

When we picked up our TM on Tuesday of this week...it was raining...I wanted to close the curtains before lowering the shells and the people at the dealership thought I was nuts...glad I found this thread again!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
PopBeavers

For the first two yeas I closed the curtains. This year I keep them open. I have not noticed any difference.