TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
SHILLICOSS

Default Faded curtains

We have had our '06 2720SL for 10 months & store it outside in upstate NY. We had it closed from October until early May. Since then it has been opened and now the curtains & tiebacks have faded to a nasty looking gray color (we have the blue interior). I will be replacing the curtains, but need to know if anyone else has had that problem & what have you done about it, if so? I thought maybe I could sew a lining to the new curtains, or was wondering if there was a way to apply the window film you can purchase to tint windows to both halves of the windows without removing them? Am anxious to hear from others.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
PopBeavers

I have no experience with your problem because I store my TM indoors.

However, some TM owners keep a cover over the entire TM.

What do you do to prevent sunlight from damaging the tires? It is one thing o allow the sun to make the curtains fade, but quite another to allow the sun to damage the tires. Tires are a safety issue.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
TandemKids

Default Re: Faded Curtains

Yes, we have faded curtains in our 2002 2619. DW is most upset. We are considering taking the curtains down and attempting to dye them back to the original blue. What the hey! It's worth a try!

Michael
Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
SHILLICOSS

We have tire covers that we use. We had purchased 2 covers last Fall for the trailer itself, however, both were too large. Now that I've read Bill's 10/03/05 posting re: covering a TM in storage, I'll try again.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
smookie

Default faded curtains?

This is very low-tech solution to preventing faded curtains. We slipped some white oaktag posterboard between the windows and the blue curtains before storing our 2720SL. Dying them back to a nice blue is not a bad idea, if they have faded.
Regards,
smookie