TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
klv5920

Question Full gray water tank?

How do I tell when the gray water tank is full? Is there an indicator somewhere? Have searched manual and found nada there. Have searched here and not found anything about an indicator or something to look for in determining when the tank is ready to dump.
Sure wish manual was a little more explicit on some items.

Karen
Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

On the systems panel. press the systems test button -- there are indicators for battery, fresh water and gray water level.

Tim
Old 08-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
knoxjere

It is on the panel directly under the sink land above the cabinet.
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
LiveTicker

My model 3023 (2 years older than yours) has the monitor panel just below the sink and above the cupboard. Just hold the button for a status.

Quoting Bill from old 2005 post #5 :
"...you will know that the gray water tank is full when the gray water starts backing up into the bottom of the tub. The tub is the lowest point in the drain system. BTW, this is not nearly as nasty as it sounds, since gray water is not particularly dirty."
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...anel#post19826

Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
klv5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTicker View Post
My model 3023 (2 years older than yours) has the monitor panel just below the sink and above the cupboard. Just hold the button for a status.

Quoting Bill from old 2005 post #5 :
"...you will know that the gray water tank is full when the gray water starts backing up into the bottom of the tub. The tub is the lowest point in the drain system. BTW, this is not nearly as nasty as it sounds, since gray water is not particularly dirty."
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...anel#post19826

That would have been my next guess. That when the water started backing up in the shower, it was time to empty! But, thanks everyone!! I knew that panel was there, thought it was just for the furnace but will go check it and see how it works!!
Thanks to all. Knew it had to be something simple!!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by klv5920 View Post
That would have been my next guess. That when the water started backing up in the shower, it was time to empty! But, thanks everyone!! I knew that panel was there, thought it was just for the furnace but will go check it and see how it works!!
Thanks to all. Knew it had to be something simple!!
My daughter (25 at the time) taught me this while when was washing dishes. We had hookups for the first time and she just used all the water she wanted (no need to conserve) and just assumed it all went down the drain. As you should, I had the gray drain valve closed until the next schedule dump time, and did not pay adequate attention to her consumption versus my plan.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
klv5920

We do get used to convenience, don't we? Ha!
I had my DH close the valve because I had read somewhere that you can sometimes get sewer smell if you leave the valve open. It is no big deal to open and close it back when the tank needs emptied.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

You also need a good amount of grey water to wash down the black water out of the hose when you dump. We don't empty ours out unless it's really full, or we are also dumping the black water. If we're going to have to dump the black water too, we don't empty all the way.