TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I had been considering getting one of those flexible sewer hose supports from Camping World but this rain gutter support seems like a better option if it works just as well as it will store in my fence post sewer hose storage as shown here.

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/RV-Sewer-Hose-Storage.html

I looked at both Home Depot and Lows and the rain gutters there seem to have ridges on the tops of them. I am wondering it the people making these are finding some without or somehow modifying them. If they are cutting off the ridge what do you think they are doing it with?

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
Scottie Dogs

I would just stay with the 5’ fence post I just got mine done today so I am done with this project. I was thinking about that gutter too. Those little bolts you see inside, when I slide the hose in with the sewer connector on the hose they keep the hose from sliding back to the other end, that is just how it happened but it will work good. Live and learn not trying to be to perfect, GO FOR IT, it is fun... It can always be redesigned if you are not happy with the results. Just little adjustment to make it the way you like it.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1784.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	6930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1785.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	6931  
Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #33
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie Dogs View Post
Those little bolts you see inside, when I slide the hose in with the sewer connector on the hose they keep the hose from sliding back to the other end
Dave -

Consider reversing the bolts, so that the nice round-head end is inside, and the protruding ends with the nuts are outside. And use either Ny-lock nuts, or a bit of blue Loc-Tite, to ensure they don't shake loose.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Dave -

Consider reversing the bolts, so that the nice round-head end is inside, and the protruding ends with the nuts are outside. And use either Ny-lock nuts, or a bit of blue Loc-Tite, to ensure they don't shake loose.

Bill
All done and you are right this is much better Thanks.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1786.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	6932  
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

If anyone is considering building the flexible sewer hose support from a rain gutter that fits inside the fence post sewer hose storage I found the rain gutter pictured at Low's ($6.50). They don't show them on line but have them in the store. Home Depot didn't have them. After I get a chance to use it I will post how well it works.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
klv5920

I found this type of gutter in a local hardware store.

Karen
Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #37
namklg

Did the mod today. Used a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 post from Lowe's and the vinyl gutter. One problem was the large connector end for the hose would not fit into the post.
Used the offset hinge and the bungie cord to secure the lid. The other side is glued and screwed together. I placed some air holes in the bottom, end and back of the post.
The post went into the old battery box area. We upgraded to 2 - 6V batteries which were too tall for the old location, so we had space available.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	7374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2076.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	754.1 KB
ID:	7375  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #38
Dsavage411

I put mine in the same spot but had to move it above the rail due to it hitting the sloped driveway when I back in.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #39
namklg

Dsavage411 - the whole thing sits above the battery box rails as I installed it. You must have a very steep slope. How do you get the unit into the garage and, most importantly, make the connection to get out?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #40
Tampajohn

Default Weight carrying capacity of the bike rack hitch?

Mike read your info on double towing. I have an 04 2720 with the bicycle hitch and according to the sticker on it, only 100 lbs can be added. The hitch looks a lot stonger than that with the way it is mounted. I want to put a rear cargo shelf in it, but am trying to figure out how much weight I could really put on it and still be safe. It looks like it can carry a lot more than 100 lbs. What I am hoping is to be able to put my two Champion generators that weigh 50 lbs each and the weigh of the cargo rack, 40lbs and still be safe (total of 140 lbs). Any thought from anyone would be appreciated.

Quote:
"Double towing" as in two each Trailmanors behind one tow vehicle. The transporters would bolt a 2" receiver to the box bumper, hook up and off they would go.

My '02 was in route from the factory back to Louisiana after extensive warranty repairs. Some where on the freeway bypass around Birmingham, AL. a combination of cross wind, rough pavement and passing trucks caused the trailer train to become unstable. Both TM's became airborne and the one closest to the tow vehicle turned upside down. An eye witness said that the rear trailer (mine) was at least 5 feet off the ground. The driver managed to guide the mess off the road and to a halt using only the front wheels of the truck, the rear truck wheels were held up off the ground by the overturned trailer. No one was hurt. I'm not sure about the status of the underwear of the driver and his wife who was riding with him. Both TM's were totaled although they were able to weld a new hitch on mine and tow it back to the factory.

I understand that there were more incidents beside mine involving double towing TM's and that was the major reason for the demise of the rear box bumper. Read liability issues here!

The receiver for the '04 and newer TM's not rated for towing a second vehicle. Trailmanor lists it as a "bicycle mount receiver" for that reason.

Mike

Tags
fence post, sewer hose storage